The online racing simulator
is this good enough for s2 full
(11 posts, started )
i was playing in the demo version and i loved it... Know im taking it to the next step and getting
S2 the full version... in order to do that i need a nice comp..

is a pentium4 2.4, 1.5gig of RAm and a SAPPHIRE Radeon X1950PRO 256mb video card enoughe for my comp ?

Well at least am i gann ahave my fps 80 or 100?
#2 - Jakg
Yes, but i would REALY get a better CPU, as it WILL hold you back (ie a much slower graphics card would give you the same FPS as that, because of the CPU)
Hmm how about 3.2?

and is that graphics card good or should i get a better one because i want my lfs to work really good....xD
The GPU's got close to no influence on your performance. Once you'r above Radeon 9700/9800-level, you won't notice any improvement in LFS. Unlike mainstream "Games" LFS actually thinks instead of just being good-looking :P
#5 - Jakg
Quote from Deviling :Hmm how about 3.2?

and is that graphics card good or should i get a better one because i want my lfs to work really good....xD

that graphics card is ok, although tbh i'd wait for the 8600's from nVidia

Stop thinking about P4's and grab yourself a Conroe, an E6300 would be great for that
What do you guys think i should get? so my lfs would have at least 100+ fps?
#7 - Jakg
Well i would go for a new CPU (a Core 2 Duo E6300) and a 8600GT
If you looking for FPS just in LFS, don't listen to Jak[something].
Just upgrade a CPU and you'll be flying.

If you want to play new games, then complete PC rebuild is in question as you'll need DDR2 memory too.
#9 - Jakg
Quote from BlackEye :If you looking for FPS just in LFS, don't listen to Jak[something].
Just upgrade a CPU and you'll be flying.

thanks...

Buying that card WILL bottleneck - buying such a good card is pointless when the CPU WILL hold it back, if he's going for an upgrade, then a C2D mobo could have a good possibility of upgrading, plus with cheap mid-range DX10 cards on the horizon its a much better bet
Oh, now I understand his 1st post. I thought he allready has that GPU. Sorry Jak[something]
Ok then... hm...

If you go with mid range DX10 GPU and C2D, then you're looking at new mobo & memory too (basicly a rebuilded PC). So figure out how much money you have avaible and someone will put something together
Wow that graphics card is way to good for playing LFS would you like to swap it for an X600?

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG