The online racing simulator
G25 with Vista... any trick to setting it up?
Hi, I just installed Vista Ultimate and before I try to setup the G25 I was wondering...

Do I just use the Logitech XP drivers CD that came with it? or is there a special Vista version?

Thanks

Rob
ahh guess there is, just installed the CD and it's not finding the wheel.... doh
Just spoke to Logitech and they say the drivers will be out when Vista Home is publically available.
Yep, on the german website it says the drivers for vista will be out app. january 30th.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Quote from Wenom :I somehow managed to get it work, I downloaded the drivers from the website. Ofcourse the installation procedure wasn't so "smooth" as in XP.

AHA! good call!!! just tried it from the web, didn't work, so pressed back then whilst it was doing the progress bar detection thing I slapped it into another USB port and it picked it up no worries!!

Thanks for the inspiration!!

Now if only I can get media centre to pick up my xbox360 as an extender i'm laughing!
can you guys give a bit more detail.

I've got my PC running windows Vista Ultimate. If I go under game controllers I can find the wheel but there is no way to set rotation and it just seems rather lacking for a regular setup. Any more info you guys could provide would be amazingly helpful!

I need my LFS fix!
The only way i've been able to get it to work under Vista is to install the Profiler, which doesn't detect anything. Then reboot. Then the wheel shows up properly in the Vista control panel under Game Controlers. The setup in there is like the profiler, allows changing of the rotation degrees and such. But the profiler itself does not run properly, so I can't setup profiles for my different racing games :\

The G25 box says it supports Windows Vista, so there's no reason we should have to wait till Vista is released publicly for it to work. Or else wouldn't that be false advertising?

I contacted Logitech about it, they took 3 weeks to reply so I didn't even bother.
nope. not false advertising. when vista is release, the drivers for it will be released, and the wheel will work without any futzing.

and the profiler software is a completely seperate product from the g25, and has of yet made not claims to be vista compatible. the profiler software is a generic product that works with all (most?) of logitech's wheels.

vista has a number of significant changes in how it operates and allows software to run in it, so it shouldn't be any surprise that not all software written for previous versions of windows will be fully functional, or even run at all.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG