G25 rotation settings - help needed!
I have what might be a silly question, but I'd really like an accurate answer anyway

Just received my G25 wheel...

Listed degrees of rotation is 900 but u all knew that.

For each car in LFS under the steering tab when viewing setups there is a listed 'Cars steering wheel turns <insert degrees here (different for each car)>' and it's in yellow.

Immediately below that there's 'Contoller wheel turns <degrees I've set it to in LFS under Controls, wheel/js>

Can I get LFS to AUTO set 'Controller wheel turns <deg>' to match 'Cars steering wheel turns <deg>' ????????

My assumption is it would be more realistic to work on a setup once those numbers match. What I really do NOT want to have to do is manually alter any wheel degrees settings every time I change car!

Should I leave 'Degrees of rotation (in G25 control panel) at 900 and then let LFS manipulate settings from there?

Can sum1 please explain (preferably Scawen) exactly what 'Wheel turn compensation' does?

Also, are 'Spring effect strength' and 'Damper effect strength' (found in Global Device Settings for the G25) relevant to LFS or not? If yes, what do they do?

Similarly, should 'Centering spring strength' be enabled or not? I did a search for these answers and all I could find were varying points of view with no definite answers.

Any accurate help greatly appreciated!

Big Pete
You will not be able to modify the wheels FF "lock" from within LFS, so if you want to have the wheel stop at the cars maximum rotation, you will have to do it manually for each car every time you change the car.

For the other settings, they should look something like this, though the rotation degree is obviously up to you: http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=20371&d=1165055529
What I do for my dfp (Proberly the same) is set the wheel in the drivers to use just over 720 degrees (maximum lock in lfs) and set Wheel turn compensation to 1. This matchs the wheel directly to the car, so if im driving the fox which has 450 degrees lock to lock then my wheel will match this exactly, even if I can physicly turn more.

Wheel turn compensation is a wierd one. On wheels that can only turn say 200 degrees and when its set to 1 it will cause the wheel to turn the ingame wheel more the near to lock you go. On a 900 degree steering wheel it seems to just match it. Yet when set to 0 on a 900 degree steering wheel it means you have to use the full real life lock to lock to get lock to lock in a fox.

Centering spring strenth I have turned on but set to 0 (as mentioned by gabicks in his set up guide for the dfp).

So basicly to get the same steering movements, set it to a slightly higher lock to lock in the drivers, and set wheel comp to 1 .
#4 - Davo
The degrees rotation in LFS should match the setting you have in the control panel for the wheel. If you use 900, then it should be 900 in LFS, if 720, then it should be 720 in LFS and so on.

This becomes a pain when changing cars and you want to match them, you have to change both values in the control panel and LFS.

Depends what you prefer. I like to be able to quickly countersteer but still have good control in the middle for small turns so I only use 270 degrees and wheel turn compensation at 1. This makes the steering non linear, towards the centre I have to turn the wheel more and in game it only turns a fraction. Towards the edges in game it turns much quicker and is easier to full lock.

Without wheel turn compensation the centre would turn too quick because it'd have the same sensitivity all the way through. If you use the same lock in control panel and LFS I don't think wheel turn compensation does anything since there's nothing to compensate for.
Thanks for the help guys, will give that a try
Quote from fragile_dog :What I do for my dfp (Proberly the same) is set the wheel in the drivers to use just over 720 degrees (maximum lock in lfs) and set Wheel turn compensation to 1. This matchs the wheel directly to the car, so if im driving the fox which has 450 degrees lock to lock then my wheel will match this exactly, even if I can physicly turn more.

Wheel turn compensation is a wierd one. On wheels that can only turn say 200 degrees and when its set to 1 it will cause the wheel to turn the ingame wheel more the near to lock you go. On a 900 degree steering wheel it seems to just match it. Yet when set to 0 on a 900 degree steering wheel it means you have to use the full real life lock to lock to get lock to lock in a fox.

Centering spring strenth I have turned on but set to 0 (as mentioned by gabicks in his set up guide for the dfp).

So basicly to get the same steering movements, set it to a slightly higher lock to lock in the drivers, and set wheel comp to 1 .

well I have to bump this one up, because I think it's valuable. You don't have to jump out of the LFS to match the wheel degree at all. LFS got it inside already. Just set wheel compensation to 1 and you're done. However I couldn't figure that out by myself...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG