The online racing simulator

Poll : Which patch are you running?

Patch V
Older version
#1 - axus
(LXCC poll only) Which LFS patch are you using?
Just a quick question. There were some updates for netcode in patch V... so who is running patch V and who is running an older version? I haven't had a response from SamH yet with regards to tonight's problems but I'll let you guys know as soon as I know more. I would like to see if it has anything to do with people all running different patches though.

EDIT: I forgot to make the poll public *doh* Please only vote if you race in LXCC.
U30. Haven't noticed any difference between U (my previous version) and this.

Don't force me to use V
Do you want Saturday division members to vote or not?
I'm on V.
i think u have to reset the poll..27 votes already?
#5 - axus
Quote from Bob Smith :Do you want Saturday division members to vote or not?

We haven't really had much server trouble on Saturday so not really.

Hyperactive, how about just trying it for the next race? The LX6 sounds fantastic in V anyway...
I voted here in error for Patch V.
Was just checking the new posts to quickly
and didn't checked the Sub-Forum

Sorry
#7 - Davo
What BBO said.
Mr Moderator, can you change the title to include the term LXCC or something, to avoid this. If I wasn't actually in the LXCC I'd have probably done the same thing
Ditto BBO, oops! :doh:
Think you would be better off deleting this whole thread and trying again with a public poll (including Tristan's suggestion)
Quote from axus :Hyperactive, how about just trying it for the next race? The LX6 sounds fantastic in V anyway...

If you really want it I will do it of course, but I'm quite sure that me using the U30 has had 0 effect on the server issues. The U30 thread is nowhere to be found so I can't prove it by saying that there were no updates to the online part after U30...

If you want people to use V version only, you could make an announcement and/or change the rules accordingly
Quote from axus : Please only vote if you race in LXCC.

You should put that at the very beginning of your post. Voted before I saw that.
#13 - axus
Quote from Hyperactive :If you really want it I will do it of course, but I'm quite sure that me using the U30 has had 0 effect on the server issues. The U30 thread is nowhere to be found so I can't prove it by saying that there were no updates to the online part after U30...

If you want people to use V version only, you could make an announcement and/or change the rules accordingly

As I recall the netcode updates came with U32, and what they were is less strict rules with regards to time-outs etc. I think that it is possible that maczo's power problems triggered a series of disconnects (no blame on maczo - you can't see the power tripping coming) and perhaps those that were on older versions are more likely to lose connection due to someone else's personal connection problems. I hope I've made sense. As I recall, you weren't one of those that disconnected and you are not likely to cause other people to disconnect by using an older version but only putting yourself in danger which is why I won't make a rule of it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG