The online racing simulator
How slow is the DFP (compared to G25)?
Hi there,

I'm currently still using the Formula Force GP and I feel that it really hinders my racing because it has so much play/slackness to it that it's sometimes really hard to hit the optimal racing line. It feels just very sloppy overall. So, since the G25 is not really an option for me, due to price and due to the fact that I don't see myself practicing hours on end to adjust to a 3-pedal setup, I'm thinking about getting the DFP. What I would like to know is, how slow it is compared to the G25. I'm planning to make use of 720° rotation and I suppose that speed is an issue with that much rotation. Also, could someone tell me how big the DFP wheel is in diameter (G25 is 28cm afaik and FF GP seems to be ca. 24.5cm)?

Thx,

Linsen
The G25 will spin itself about twice the speed of a DFP. I normally used my DFP on 540 rotation, and the speed never presented too much of a problem, bear in mind the DFP was the most commonly recommended wheel for LFS.

The wheel isn't that big - about an inch smaller than the G25 maybe.
Quote from Rtsbasic : bear in mind the DFP was the most commonly recommended wheel for LFS.

Very good point. I didn't even think about it that way, lol.

Also, I would expect that I probably won't need to catch as many slides with a 900° steering wheel, because it's less likely to "over-steer"? With my current wheel I constantly get into slides around tight corners because of the non-linearity which makes it really hard to judge the right angle of steering.
Yeah, providing you're smooth with something like the DFP or G25, you shouldn't need to do as much correction. I have the force fairly low on the DFP, and I don't really have any problems correcting quickly enough. It's not perfect, and the FF can be notchy when it weights up, but for all intents and purposes it does the trick pretty nicely. I bought mine new and my Dad bought a reconditioned DFP off ebay, and interestingly, his feels smoother than mine. It's not gone wrong in the year he's had it either. Mine has been fine for the two years I've had it, too...
Thx guys. I think I'll be ordering it right now .

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG