The online racing simulator
noobTV cameraset needed
Hello all,

the 24h race this weekend will be broadcasted by gamer FM and AutoPlus and they might use noobTV during the broadcast. Version v0.8 is good enough for this and maybe I can find some time to get v0.9 done before the race. However, I will not have time to make camerapositions in time. That is why I want to invite everyone to make some nice camerapositions.

Please post your camerapositions as you would define them in the camera files in this thread. You don't have to post a complete set, one or two is enough!

You can download noobTV here:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=115939#post115939

A tutorial on how to create camerapositions is included in the zip.

You can also use this thread to ask questions if something fails to work.

Cheers,
Frank
#2 - iboos
startCam
name=brake T1
track=AS5
type=point
x=-22255224
y=60727104
z=1239611
heading=64057
pitch=65435
roll=0
fov=12
areaDef=node
startNode=50
stopNode=70
stopCam

startCam
name=T1
track=AS5
type=point
x=-13996154
y=67423776
z=1120609
heading=free
pitch=free
roll=free
fov=free
areaDef=node
startNode=71
stopNode=104
stopCam

startCam
name=last Corner
track=AS5
type=point
x=-42105616
y=-55588020
z=1521569
heading=free
pitch=free
roll=free
fov=free
areaDef=node
startNode=665
stopNode=725
stopCam

startCam
name=RailCam to S/F
track=AS5
type=line
startPointX=-39351088
startPointY=-36081928
startPointZ=1444165
endPointX=-39351088
endPointY=-13603080
endPointZ=1444165
linePositioning=nearestPoint
lineOffset=-1310720
heading=free
pitch=2000
roll=free
fov=64
areaDef=node
startNode=726
stopNode=747
stopCam

As was mentioned on the stream: your input is needed! Make a nice cameraposition (only one is already good) and be named on the stream

Here is version 0.9 of noobTV, it has a new version of the cameratool which makes it easier to create camera's (no need to write the positions down, you can just copy paste).
Here is a properly working version of v0.9. It had the problem that the nodes werent correctly calculated when a car is on lap 256 or higher.
Attached files
noobtv09fix.rar - 612.3 KB - 175 views
Camera set.
Attached files
aston.txt - 2.4 KB - 185 views
great stuff, Frank!
Really a great tool! It`s definitly the new reference for my broadcastings. The control over my second PC is very perfect, because no more flippings through the cars are needed. Good work!!
I hope that now everyone has seen how it works, more people will send in camera positions for the upcoming races Especially Kyoto National is very much suited for nice camerapositions (I'm sure Blackwood is too, but I couldnt really find any good positions yesterday evening ).
#9 - iboos
Yesterday i've tried to create a Cam for the Blackwood Race, but when i start the camtool noobTV lost the Cameracontol (in 0.8 i haven't this prob).

Is it possible to show the notes in noobTV this will be easier to set the right timemarks for each Cam?
I think adding the nodes to noobTV is a lot easier then making the two tools work at the same time
i have made a nice cam set for ky gp, unfortunately mika chose not to use it in the race .

i would like to prepare a set for one of the next races. as ingo is already working on blackwood, i will make a set for another track.
Thanks for your efforts, guys.
Sorry for that, Fetzo! But i`am still awaiting your cams for the upcoming races !

Thanks to Ingo for those two sets. I saved them and test that positions for saturdays race! Great work!
if anyone could do a cam set for BL rally rev i'd be very grateful.
The set for the last race was great. As I am pretty low on time the coming week, I'd like to give this thread a little bump Please post your cameras (you really dont have to post a whole set)
thank you for reminding me ingo, i totally forgot.

i tried to use only a view cameras to imitate the look of tv-broadcasts.

no rail cams though. really sorry for nearly messing it up. i hope you guys like it nevertheless.
Attached files
kynat.txt - 2.3 KB - 149 views
I've just checked them out and they are really nice, thank you very much I'll try to add some rail cams for the pitlane etc.
Thanks for that nice sets, Fetzo. I put them inside the stream.
Here is an updated version, sadly without pit rail cams, they are rather hard to make on a pitlane with a bend...
Attached files
kynat.txt - 2.6 KB - 144 views

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG