The online racing simulator
LFS.exe command line arguments
(13 posts, started )
#1 - CyCo
is there a way to start the game windowed?

and

is there a way to make the game connect to a certain server with certain password?

and (somehow other question)

is there a way to see if there are players on a server (without access to the hostxxxxx.cfg file)?

grtz... :$
#2 - Jakg
make it windowed and close it, and it will open windowed
Quote from CyCo :is there a way to start the game windowed?

Start LFS one-time as normal and hit Shift+F4 then exit LFS. Now when you start it again it should be windowed. Sorry cant help with the rest...
Quote from CyCo :is there a way to make the game connect to a certain server with certain password?

Yes. I believe there's a /host and /password switch.

Quote from CyCo :is there a way to see if there are players on a server (without access to the hostxxxxx.cfg file)?

Assuming the server uses the master server, you can see if there are people in there via LFSworld.
#5 - CyCo
Quote from the_angry_angel :Yes. I believe there's a /host and /password switch.

isn't that to host your own server?
i tried it and i got "hostname is in use.." or something like that

Quote from the_angry_angel :Assuming the server uses the master server, you can see if there are people in there via LFSworld.

idd, works fine, didn't think of it
i can see if the server is online (it's in the list) and how many connections it has
now is there a way to see what players (usernames) are on the server ?
Quote from CyCo :isn't that to host your own server?
i tried it and i got "hostname is in use.." or something like that

Meh, yes you're right. All of a sudden I think it maybe /join instead.

Edit: yes, it's /join servernamehere
#7 - CyCo
Quote from CyCo :is there a way to start the game windowed?

and

is there a way to make the game connect to a certain server with certain password?

i now use the lfs:// link with Join2LFS program, works fine but still asks for passwords on private server.. isn't it possible to include the password in the lfs:// link?

game starts windowed when shut down windowed idd

and new question:
when playing windowed with mouse, when your cursor is positioned on the border of the window (you don't see that while in game), and you click a mouse button (throttle and brake are both mouse buttons here), you start resizing your window and stop steering ingame... not cool
anyway to fix that ? ctrl+c doesn't solve it
#8 - CyCo
Quote from the_angry_angel :Meh, yes you're right. All of a sudden I think it maybe /join instead.

Edit: yes, it's /join servernamehere

jup idd, /join works fine (with /pass)
thanks!
no more need for Join2LFS
-
(ChrisColeman) DELETED by ChrisColeman
#9 - CyCo
Quote from ChrisColeman :Buy S2!

and why is that? how is that gonna help me

i'm having enough fun with XFG on BL1 in the meanwhile, no need for S2 yet (especially since i don't have a wheel & pedals yet ..)
#10 - CyCo
another little question, don't want to start a new thread about this

how do you send private messages to players in the game.. ?
like the /msg ones, but private for 1 player only
like the 'watch your language' things in LFSLapper etc

/rcm_ply does it for race control messages, but i'd like to know how it can be done with normal messages

anyone?

thx
There's no in-game command at the moment. It's possible via InSim, however.
Use browse for speed, will show you who is online (Might only work for your favourite servers though) and allows you to input the password before it loads LFS!!!

http://www.browseforspeed.net/
#13 - CyCo
no LFSLapper command either? i tried a bunch
njeh i guess not

browse for speed didn't work for the server i wanted for some reason, but i might try again

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG