The online racing simulator
Lamers :P
(24 posts, started )
Being a demo racer and all whenever i join a server i expect atleast 1 bad driver wos there to wreck the race, this i can normally put up with because the rest are after a good race and will have him kicked/banned. However i have just come off a server with about 4-5 bad drivers who would vote to ban the leaders of the race including myself at one point, and when that failed they lined up after the start/finish line and would charge at the leader (me) fortunately 2nd place was laps behind but still hugely annoying, they even followd me into the pits and rammed me off my pit area to prematurely end my pit stop and even then they were ramming me till i got out of the pits. I think i would like to see in a future version i guess when you pit your car gets "locked" in so if anyone hits you it would cause them to bounce off you like a wall or something. but anyway thats my rant over with
Pony up for an S2 license and you're a lot less likely to have problems with those types of people. Most S2 servers are full of pretty friendly people looking for some good racing.
yeah, by the end of this year i'll be licensed up
Quote from Cue-Ball :Pony up for an S2 license and you're a lot less likely to have problems with those types of people. Most S2 servers are full of pretty friendly people looking for some good racing.

Right on. It is far better. Though you will occasionally still see the odd rocket scientist trying to mess people's races up though. I think they view it as being a productive means of passing the time whilst they wait for their balls to drop.
#5 - Gunn
Quote from dhinchin : I think they view it as being a productive means of passing the time whilst they wait for their balls to drop.

Sounds like it could be decades before that happens.
gizmo [RCG] is running a demo server join this in future cause theres almost all time an admin there but its hard to get a free place
Sometimes I like the chaotic beahaviour on the demo servers. Then I let everybody pass at the start, watch how they are wrecking each other out of the 1st corner. Then I slide with 60 Km/h through the chaos and if I'm accelerating throuh the following chicane I'm often already on 4th or 5th position. After the long straight you can be sure that 1-2 drivers have too much speed during steering in the next corner, pulling them out of the track.

With luck you can achieve position 2-3 after a half round and the best of it, you have nothing else to do except staying on track.
Hehe, remember back in S1 the legend of "mystery racer 1 and 2"? Like Vince and St0rm joined a demo server one evening in black GTis and owned the demo players with 1:34.xx. People later started talking on RSC about two mystery racers "1" and "2" driving insane times on Blackwood
Too bad Tweak ruined the legend and revealed their identity (they joined S1 server and forgot to change their nicknames, heh).
#9 - AndyC
Quote from Rumiko :
Too bad Tweak ruined the legend and revealed their identity (they joined S1 server and forgot to change their nicknames, heh).

lol, makes me feel old.
Quote from Rumiko :Hehe, remember back in S1 the legend of "mystery racer 1 and 2"? Like Vince and St0rm joined a demo server one evening in black GTis and owned the demo players with 1:34.xx. People later started talking on RSC about two mystery racers "1" and "2" driving insane times on Blackwood

I remember that quite clearly LOL, I think I still have the replay of it, as a matter of fact, not on this computer, though, unfortunately.
Quote from AndyC :lol, makes me feel old.

It wasnt *that* long ago...
#12 - FRED
and was it not viper and st0rm
Quote from FRED :and was it not viper and st0rm

Could be, I'm not sure about the other guy, but it was st0rm who forgot to change his nick and gave up his secret identity
80% of demo drivers are idiots. maybe 10% are idiots in s2 but 30% are newbies.
Quote from Gabkicks :80% of demo drivers are idiots. maybe 10% are idiots in s2 but 30% are newbies.

Newbies who don't follow the flag rules. So 29% of them are idiot newbies.
I bought my license after 1 or 2 days after discovering the demo. However, I only play on demoservers since as of now I just can't get enought of the GTi. :-) 1.33.06 on blackwood. I won't quit until I have 1.32.

Why demoservers then? Well, to be frank I can't find any populated FWD GTi S2 servers. Sorry to say. But hey, buy the game anyway. The FOX is wonderful.

Tip of the day - you can always find a new server. I usually disconnect within 1 minute if I sense the dark side.
Lamers.. yes, demo servers have them. Wreckers annoy me to high heavens on occasions but I expect that. What bugs me even more than that and newbies who don't obey racing etiquette is clean & good drivers who refuse to ban wreckers.

What reason in the world is there for not banning someone who has wrecked 3 previous races by driving in the wrong direction?? Just beats me, especially when the ban would have just needed that one vote more.. lol.

On a more +ve note, I've seen a decline in lamers recently. NOS, RCG, Trier, FM (FFA) servers have mostly seemed to have slower drivers who (gasp) drive to the etiquette. Well done anyone who knows they do this.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :is clean & good drivers who refuse to ban wreckers.

What reason in the world is there for not banning someone who has wrecked 3 previous races by driving in the wrong direction?? Just beats me, especially when the ban would have just needed that one vote more.. lol.

Personally, I only vote to ban when either I have seen what he has done or when someone I know and trust votes for a ban. Not getting someone clearly wrecking off is frustrating yes, but still better than the "oh something appeared in the top left corner, lets hit 1" days. In these days you could ban anyone just because everyone had that reflex. Which sucked. Because wreckers exploited this.
#20 - OPK
Quote from Gabkicks :80% of demo drivers are idiots. maybe 10% are idiots in s2 but 30% are newbies.

Quote from deggis :Newbies who don't follow the flag rules. So 29% of them are idiot newbies.

You can´t trust figures
67% of the people know that

On a demo server with lots of potential wreckers and short races that you don't mind missing one or two of, I often used to jump into spectator mode and go 'Wrecker Huntin'.

when I find one, I'll put up a bit of commentary on what the wrecker is doing, which apex, they're sitting on / bridge they're hiding under etc. Make the real racers aware of the wrecker.

Then I'll ask the wrecker a polite question along the lines of 'Why are you sitting on that apex? How is it fun to wreck racers?' (they almost NEVER respond).

If their antics continue, I'll initiate a vote. By now most real racers on the server realise that you have assumed some kind of quasi-server admin role, and will vote with you very quickly.

The whole process can take less than less than 1 minute.

Sometimes, you start commenting on them,they'll pretend to start racing for a while. Keep watching them and commentating their movements etc. Sometimes they start wrecking again, but I found they often disconnect because they know they're being watched.

Nothing makes me grin wider than seing a wrecker disconnect from a server in disgust because everyone is aware of what they're doing.

The demo server is actually very important to the sales of LFS.
If you're a good person and want to do a good deed, jump on, have a spectate and HUNT the bastards!

Even if you don't race there anymore.
Quote from farcar :If you're a good person and want to do a good deed, jump on, have a spectate and HUNT the bastards!

maybe someone could start WHT "Wrecker Hunting Team"
Quote from Chaos : maybe someone could start WHT "Wrecker Hunting Team"

I wanna join

I've done this before, too, FWIW.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from farcar :On a demo server with lots of potential wreckers and short races that you don't mind missing one or two of, I often used to jump into spectator mode and go 'Wrecker Huntin'.

when I find one, I'll put up a bit of commentary on what the wrecker is doing, which apex, they're sitting on / bridge they're hiding under etc. Make the real racers aware of the wrecker.

Then I'll ask the wrecker a polite question along the lines of 'Why are you sitting on that apex? How is it fun to wreck racers?' (they almost NEVER respond).

If their antics continue, I'll initiate a vote. By now most real racers on the server realise that you have assumed some kind of quasi-server admin role, and will vote with you very quickly.

The whole process can take less than less than 1 minute.

Sometimes, you start commenting on them,they'll pretend to start racing for a while. Keep watching them and commentating their movements etc. Sometimes they start wrecking again, but I found they often disconnect because they know they're being watched.

Nothing makes me grin wider than seing a wrecker disconnect from a server in disgust because everyone is aware of what they're doing.

The demo server is actually very important to the sales of LFS.
If you're a good person and want to do a good deed, jump on, have a spectate and HUNT the bastards!

Even if you don't race there anymore.

Damn good idea mate. Good post too made me laugh.

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG