The online racing simulator
Why I Don't Play LFS Anymore
(59 posts, started )
Hi MWFV6,

I like your post. May I suggest that you try to say that you love the game and that a few alterations spoiled what you loved most? Nothing wrong with drifting, but if you like this, I think you need the 4wd cars. But you have to control this! Make a setup you like. The FXO GTR is a crazy car to drive. Must be your favorite

Greeets, HB
post a link for me showing some special drift tires in real life please
http://www.modelflight.com.au/ ... hpi_stage_d_drift_kit.htm

"Special drift tires are included, molded from hard compound rubber that has been developed purely for drifting. The HPI Japan drift team did extensive testing to find a hard compound that allows high revving nitro drifting on paved surfaces, with extreme durability for hours and hours of drift action."

OK so it's not a full size car, but still....

Proper cars just seem to use the hardest compound tyre available, rather than tyres developed just for drifting. Though you could argue the tyres that give off red smoke are drift specific, if maybe not in compound: http://www.driftworks.com/inde ... umo%20Red%20Drift%20Tyres
I cannot understand why so many drifters are complaining about tyrewear/heat. Most of 'em even say call the tyres 'worn out' if they are just red (90-100°C). Worn out is for me that the car is no longer 'driftable'. But in my opinion that is basicly wrong. As long as those tyres aren't popped (ie either gotten over 200°C or have no rubber left) they plenty enough grip left to still perform some nice drifts. Yes, it's hard to controll it. Yes, with newer tyres you can perform 'em at higher speed/angles. But NO, it's not impossible to drift with hot tyres. And it takes most times 10 laps for the tyres til they are popped. As I said, I just can't understand those people that don't even seem to try to addept their driving (drifting) to the 'new' factors of S2.

Cobalt Blue
of the Nsane Drifting Team
Quote :some very close twin drift in the baking heat for about 10 minutes, this equates to two dead red tyres

Enough said really. Tyres designed for drifting are dead after 10 minutes of pratting about.
i dont know about 2005 season but most of the cars i've seen use'd potenza RE01R class tires or something similar. I can count on my hand the ammount of drifters complaining about tire wear...
#32 - Gizz
i dont belive this post has gone to 2 pages :juggle:
Quote from Lionclaw23 :As long as those tyres aren't popped (ie either gotten over 200°C or have no rubber left) they plenty enough grip left to still perform some nice drifts. Yes, it's hard to controll it. Yes, with newer tyres you can perform 'em at higher speed/angles. But NO, it's not impossible to drift with hot tyres.

Have you got any replay vids of people drifting with tyre temps like you describe? OR vids of people pulling long hard drifts for over one lap? I can drift with the tyres in this state but find the drifts are quite poor looking since you can't apply much power and angle. I'd be very interested to see what you guys are achieving.

I find that even within 1 lap of hard drifting I am seeing tyres temps over 100 and my problem at this point is I can either take it very easy and wait for the temps to slowly come down, get the tyres changed in the pits, restart the session or carry on until the car is near impossible to enter a bend with anymore.

I'd rather a set of tyres which wore out in 5 laps but didn't over heat as easily, do you guys know what I mean?

HeerBommel I did look at the 4wd cars thanks! I did set them up to get some reasonable drifting too, very exciting on the exits LOL!
I would be one for all the "this game wasn't designed for drifting" kind of people. But from the amount of drifting teams and servers running in S2 any given time, I have put some effort into trying to understand these guys. If there is something which attracts so many people (in a real life as well) it cannot be all wrong only, I said myself. So I have joined few such drifters servers and tried to drift too. Well, I found out that I cannot compare to these guys. I couldn't even do the 360 spin, no matter how hard I've tried. Specced a guy who seemed to be able to do it anytime he wants, which didn't help too much to me.

So I can say I found a respect to them. But where the "racers" have their tournaments and competitions, following the real life races counterpart, should not drifters have some competitions too? I have briefly browsed thru the D1 pages on the internet and I guess that there are pretty clear rules for such kind of happenings. (they drift in pairs, and a jury decides how "cool" clean long etc the drift was, and gives points... no problem with tyre wear really, since as I understand it they only drive few turns at once).

PS: I really like the decent way of how you offered your oppinions MWFV6, respecting the opposite oppinions as well. Only moron would flame you for your very mature and inteligent posts.
#35 - Gunn
Several LFS D1 style competitions have been held every year since the beginning of LFS.
Can I announce here?
I saw this thread and didn't want to create a new one for this so I will do it here.

I DON'T Play LFS Anymore.

Reason: I had to uninstall it because my computer was too heavy.
Quote from speedemon57 :I saw this thread and didn't want to create a new one for this so I will do it here.

I DON'T Play LFS Anymore.

Reason: I had to uninstall it because my computer was too heavy.

You bumped a 3 year old thread to say that? I'm stunned. Have you considered putting your PC on a diet and taking it for regular excersise?
Oh my.

Now where did I store my flaming bananas again...
Oh dear...

Thats bump of the year award

At least he searched
Quote from J@tko :Oh dear...

Thats bump of the year award

At least he searched

I'm amazed at how good the demoers are at digging up old threads.. well, props for using the search button before making a new topic, but still.. this one was hilariuos!
#41 - th84
I dont play LFS anymore because I cant afford it. I smoke more when I play, I damage important components when I play...not to mention the fact that servers are empty when I do have the time to play (primetime 8-11 US eastern)

Im also the only American [noob], the rest of my shitty team are having wet dreams when I can play, it's not much fun without them....

Ok, I feel better now. Anyone got a cigarette?

EDIT: I do still enjoy trolling these forums and making spamalicious comments..
Quote from th84 :I dont play LFS anymore because I cant afford it. I smoke more when I play, I damage important components when I play...not to mention the fact that servers are empty when I do have the time to play (primetime 8-11 US eastern)

Im also the only American [noob], the rest of my shitty team are having wet dreams when I can play, it's not much fun without them....

Ok, I feel better now. Anyone got a cigarette?

EDIT: I do still enjoy trolling these forums and making spamalicious comments..

Your European team-mates should stay up. During the summer, I stayed up until insane hours in order to race with my team-mates. Although, it has to be said I didn't have school or a job at that time. Today it's slightly different.
#43 - th84
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Your European team-mates should stay up. During the summer, I stayed up until insane hours in order to race with my team-mates. Although, it has to be said I didn't have school or a job at that time. Today it's slightly different.

That's not fair to them. I am the only one (other than one other even more inactive American) that they would have to do that for. It would be more fair to me to wake up super early to be able to race with them. Im the only American, and there are 15 or so Euro's.

I also failed to mention, the whole damn team is uber-inactive right now, so none of that matters anyway.
Give it another chance, mate. I hadn't played LFS for months until I picked it up again a few days ago. Yes, I've spent a lot of time on Autocross/Drift servers since I got back but it's fun.
Errr, [noobs] has 3 Americans. 4 if you count Rod because Brazil is technically America.

And I did a few races this weekend, so I´m not inactive!!!
(It was like the third time in a year and a half though...)
i fart:haha: in the general direction of whoever thinks this thread has a point larger than a τ neutrino.:bananadea
#47 - th84
We do not have 3. Me and The ole man are the only ones......noob.

Crap, I forgot about spick. But he is from Washington and never plays, so he dont count either.
I forgot about Spick too. I meant Kahjojekjejjkjekjok.
Quote from Kalev EST :Errr, [noobs] has 3 Americans. 4 if you count Rod because Brazil is technically America.

I've never seen Rod managed to keep his Fisher Price computer connected to the internet for long enough to finish the first lap.
-
(aroX123) DELETED by aroX123
#50 - th84
Quote from Kalev EST :I forgot about Spick too. I meant Kahjojekjejjkjekjok.

Oh yea, another uber-inactive Polish/American. Me and Kojak used to race all the time together...until he hit puberty.
Ok, so there are 4 inactive Americans to go along with the 15 inactice Euro's.

Quote from hewhosnameistaken :I've never seen Rod managed to keep his Fisher Price computer connected to the internet for long enough to finish the first lap.

LMAO! Sad, but true.

Why I Don't Play LFS Anymore
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG