The online racing simulator
WANTED - a webdesigner (found one i think)
(36 posts, closed, started )
Hello,

As you may know I'm going to run the LFS merchandise shop. Since that's a website and since I suck at graphics, I am looking for someone who could help me out in that area.
There is a catch though - I need someone fast, because the person who would originally work with me on this now seems not to be able to, causing me to fall behind on schedule - a design was expected to be done almost two weeks ago.

So if you have webdesign skills and experience and are willing to work with me on this project (and maybe future ones) and have time right now, send me a mail at xxxx (no longer required) . Please include a short summary of your experience and software knowledge and preferably some links or images of previous works. Experience in shop design is preferred, but not required.

A "financial thank you" is to be expected.

Thank you for your attention

PS - when I've found someone I will close this thread to indicate. So as long as this thread is open, you can send in your mails.
Maybe this is a bit offtopic, since I can't help you. Why don't you ask Eric? He's the LFS-artist
Quote from Victor :Hello,

As you may know I'm going to run the LFS merchandise shop. Since that's a website and since I suck at graphics, I am looking for someone who could help me out in that area.
There is a catch though - I need someone fast, because the person who would originally work with me on this now seems not to be able to, causing me to fall behind on schedule - a design was expected to be done almost two weeks ago.

So if you have webdesign skills and experience and are willing to work with me on this project (and maybe future ones) and have time right now, send me a mail at [email protected] . Please include a short summary of your experience and software knowledge and preferably some links or images of previous works. Experience in shop design is preferred, but not required.

A "financial thank you" is to be expected.

Thank you for your attention

PS - when I've found someone I will close this thread to indicate. So as long as this thread is open, you can send in your mails.

Um isn't Eric kinda good with Graphics?

Try Joomla and use OZcommerce as the cart, There are several "Shop" designs out there they have default icons and graphic built in if that's any help?
Eric's art and web design are two totally different things.
it also helps alot of the designers has a good understanding of the code behind the site, or at least the front end stuff.
#5 - AndyC
Now I wish I had started learning web-design earlier.

I've recently been looking at Dreamweaver but there are so many ways of creating a website I'm trying to find the best solution for my ideas.

I've tried using CSS in Dreamweaver and using the coding side of websites but I've also tried designing pages in Photoshop and then using Dreamweaver to alter things, which has worked quite well. My most recent effort is at www.bilielan.plus.com It's only a homepage because i'm trying different stlyes out.

Hope you find your man/woman soon!

Andy
notepad-like editor ftw (seriously)

Anyway in case it was unclear - I'm only looking for a design(er), not a coder. That part I do myself
And to me, a designer doesn't necessarily need to know about coding. Imo it can be both beneficial or disadvantageous. Really depends on the circumstances (sometimes it's great to have someone who can think outside the box - sometimes you want to stay in the box)

And about Eric - what Niki said. It really are two different things, 3d art and webdesign. Plus Eric has his own things to work on.
Ooh, that's even better. Design I can do, it's just coding that I have no experience with
If my work commitments hadn't castrated my time I would LOVE to lend a hand to the cause. Would it be possible to pillage the official LFS site for graphics and use/adapt them to save time while still coming out with a beautiful looking page? I think the official site is quite eye-catching! It would also create a uniformity between the two sites.
Quote from Victor :notepad-like editor ftw (seriously)

agreed... well, somewhat anyway. EditPlus is my favourite
Quote from nikimere :agreed... well, somewhat anyway. EditPlus is my favourite

Oh please, children, let's not get into an editor war.

(textpad)
But since it's just a designer and not a coder Victor's looking for, this argument is irrelevant

And you made me forget to include the packages I have experience with. Buggers
a "web designers" role is to design and build the front-end of the websites. he said he's looking for a "wedesigner"....
@ Kev:
Textpad is the Jade Goody (it's stupid!!) of text editors!!
Quote from nikimere :a "web designers" role is to design and build the front-end of the websites. he said he's looking for a "wedesigner"....

You did read what he said, right?
Quote from Victor : Anyway in case it was unclear - I'm only looking for a design(er), not a coder. That part I do myself
And to me, a designer doesn't necessarily need to know about coding.

EditPlus is the Chuck Norris of text editors...

wow! this topic has gone waaaay off-topic, sorry victor! i just had to defend the honour of EditPlus from the sissy-editor whore kev!
How much work is it?

I am - kinda - good at it, I actually run my own business doing websites..

Unfortunately, I'm very busy doing websites for my customers at the moment, but if it isn't much work, I might be able to help out..

www.spider-web.dk -> References under "Referencer" Also www.perfection-racing.dk ( Danish Touringcar Championship team racing Chevrolet WTCC cars ), which is under construction.
i'd say Tweak, but..

how about you make it a community project vic, so everyone can have their own little part?
kinda like a treat.. from the community to you, scawen, and eric?
have a competition like other forums do for logos and header designs and stuff, we have some really fantastic graphics designers here as you can see
(i dont know if everyone else will agree with me but.. i think it'd be more fun, and it would look muuuuch better if everyone gets into it too)
This thread is closed

(36 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG