The online racing simulator
Need help moving files over to new computer.
I got a new PC and and I'm trying to move my LFS setups over to my new PC, Whats going to be the fastes and easiest way? Thanks- Mike
#2 - ajp71
If it's just setups then a memory stick. For larger files you can find a portable hard drive then that'd probably be easiest otherwise maybe an iPod?
Well i have a 512mb flash drive and i'm not sure if they are going to fit.
Copy them across in stages then?

Tbh I doubt that you've got half a gig of setups. You only need to take the data\settings directory with you for setups. data\skins you probably want as well.

Unless you have a horrendous internet connection, I wouldn't bother with skins_x.
Stages? Meaning copy some many at a time? If so then thats what I was getting ready to do.
#6 - Davo
The setups are tiny files. Without the skins directory your whole lfs folder should fit on the 512mb usb stick. Unless you have gigs of replays.
#7 - Ziil
If you only need the setups then well you can fit A WHOLE LOT of them on the 512MB stick
I just checked I have 385 setups in the settings folder and the size is 92.6 KB
Quote from TypeRCivic :I got a new PC and and I'm trying to move my LFS setups over to my new PC, Whats going to be the fastes and easiest way? Thanks- Mike

you'd even fit them on a floppy disc
If you're only backing up setups, just stick them in a zip and email them to yourself. Assuming both PCs are on the net (and not even at the same time), it's a useful alternative if you don't have any other means to transfer the data.

Of course with LAN interfaces being standard in motherboards these days, a 30 pence patch cable would suffice also.
If the files won't fit all at once, .rar it and split the .rar into reasonably sized parts so you can just run back and forth between both computers
Quote from Dennisjr13 :If the files won't fit all at once, .rar it and split the .rar into reasonably sized parts so you can just run back and forth between both computers

nice way to raise the dead
Crap, should've looked first .
rar or zip them all up and upload them to rapidshare or megashare then take note of the link that it gives you.. go onto the other computer and download the zip/rar from there.

or just use a floppy disk or a cd/rw or email them to a msn or lycos account and then download them from there.
if u got a old hard drive laying around put it in an encloser ad then use it as external drive. i had an old 40 GiG lying around and it Now is my secondary backup drives P.S Enclosers are darn cheap if u buy then from http://www.newegg.com

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG