The online racing simulator
Editing dds files
(12 posts, started )
#1 - kirmy
Editing dds files
can someone please send me a link or something for a program which can edit .dds files so i can make my own interiors and things please

cheers mike
There is a whole sticky devoted to editing DDS files. In the cryptic style favoured by the devs and mods, it is entitled Editing DDS Files, so that can be confusing.
My dry wit astounds even me...
#3 - kirmy
yes but the links there give you hundreds on the next page i just want a program to edit them not to extract the 3d imagery
It really depends what program you use. The very first link on that page will point you at the plugin for Photoshop (and possibly Paint Shop Pro too). That'll just open them like any other 2d graphic file. Any 3d parts come from the way it's mapped, not the DDS file itself.

The link in the second post on that page is a converter which will turn it from DDS into (I assume) bitmap, jpeg or some other more common file.
#5 - kirmy
which one on the nvidia page should i download then?
#6 - joen
Quote from kirmy :which one on the nvidia page should i download then?

For Photoshop there is only one, so that would be it.
And yes, it works for Paint Shop Pro too. And for the GIMP which is free.
#7 - kirmy
can i have a link please, coz i dont know which one to download illepall
#8 - Jakg
what do you have? Paintshop Pro, Photoshop, GIMP, what?
i have photoshop 7
#11 - joen
i can edit things now but everytime i touch tire sidewalls, they always have like a darker ring around the logo than the rest of the tire how do i get rid of this

Editing dds files
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG