The online racing simulator
Speaker Problems - Help Please!!!
(6 posts, started )
Hi, I have a Sony Vaio laptop and have just purchased some Logitech S200 Speakers. While I have the charger for the laptop plugged in, the speakers give off a (very irritating) buzzing sound. When I don't have the charger plugged in - the sound is crystal clear...and I obviously need the laptop on charge as the battery isn't very strong (lasts around half an hour!!!). The sound buzzes all the way through my music and while im playing Live For Speed.

I was hoping you guys could give me some advice of any tips I could try or any suspender type products that would clear the buzzing.

Thanks in advance

Dan
Your getting a field of electromagnetic interference from your power cord is my best guess, only thing I can sugest is to try to isolate your speaker wire from the laptops power cord .
Thanks, I've tried that but the charger / power cord cannot move very far from the speakers.

Dan
If possible overlap the wires at 90 Degres, like + as opossed to paralell like = , I don't know if running a ground would help........or perhaps you could try to make, or find a shielded power cord.
I have had the same problem with Sony Vaio laptop.
Connected a wireless laptop to a stereo via phono plugs, to play music.
Fine on battery power, mad buzzing when connected to 240v.
Same problem on different stereos/sockets/houses.
Read that a ground loop isolator could help, bought one and it does help with the intensity of buzz, but still there and it also seems to kill the sound a bit.
Got my desktop pc sound card connected to a normal amp and speakers and sounds great ,but there is still background hiss if nothing is playing and you turn up the volume. Ground loop isolator makes desktop set up worse
I forgot your on 240 there, If 120v powercables are said to make a electromagnetic field over a metre away, then it should prove dificult on the existing wire and 240v. As fore mentioned, I think you need to either buy, (lots of$$$) or make your own shielded power cable.

This is a wikipedia article on shielded cable that could help http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shielded_cable

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG