The online racing simulator
Sound card up grade
(5 posts, started )
Sound card up grade
I have an onboard sound thing in my Abit IS-7 Mobo
so if i buy the new Sound card I want waht happens to the old onboard set up?
does it get removed, and does it matter what card i get?illepall
#2 - P1lot
There should be a setting in your BIOS to disable the onboard sound system. That would ensure no clashes with your new sound card
oh great- i have no idea how to change that! thanks though i will look inot it.
i installed the XF audigy or whatever it was...it rules! the sound turbowhine gear changes, in LFS, N2k3, GTl, WTCC, MBTR is alll tooo good, and like it said my frame rate did indeed improve in the other games.
nice buy i think.

but my problem now is the "hardware wizard" not so wizardly is telling me to install drivers and hardware everytime i start the computer-duh i did. and it works
o how do i do that? or is it asking me about onboard sound?
GT, when you boot your computer up, you will see "F1 for setup" or equivilent when the monitor first shows something. Sometimes it is really quick to be able to see it. That is the bios setup access. Press F1 or whatever Fkey it says and you can scroll through the options until you see something about sound. Disable onboard when you find it.
great that worked well, i also found a disabling feature for the old modem which i don't use as i have digital line for internet, this was in windows itself...
thanks for the help.
and who knew a sound card can be soo good?

Sound card up grade
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG