The online racing simulator
"Jerky" Logitech Driving Force wheel - help!
OK I'm having problems with my wheel. From what I understand, the internals are pretty similar to the Momo and DFP, so maybe those of you with superior Logitech wheels can help:

I've suddenly started getting extremely "jerky" inputs from it. Especially when I turn left, the on-screen wheel in the cockpit jumps around, and the game sends harsh force-feedback presumably because of this violent input, basically making it undriveable.

I've taken the lid off, but there doesn't appear to be any mechanical problems that I can see - none of the gears are skipping or anything. Is this likely to be just a dirty pot?

If so, how do I get to it? The shaft from the wheel to the PCB looks like it's entirely enclosed in black plastic, but presumably it's in there somewhere. Anybody know which end, or how to get to it? And will WD40 do the job or should I use something else?

Any help much appreciated. Can't buy a new wheel until I've satisfied a hungry Inland Revenue so this one needs to survive a few more months.
#2 - avih
It's probably a dirty POT. you can increase the Analog-Smooth slider in LFS. it tries to get rid of the input spikes.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Do you have the option for Centering Spring or something similar in the controller's properties? (Windows). Turning that off gets rid of my shaking... plus it makes the steering far more realistic OR, turn it to 0% but leave it checked.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG