The online racing simulator
Two LFS games on one host
(27 posts, started )
#1 - s1m0n
Two LFS games on one host [SOLVED]
Is ti possible to run two LFS game hosts on one computer with one NIC but on different ports?
I would like to run one Demo and one S2 LFS game hosts on different ports (including different InSim ports) but people can only connect to DEMO but not to S2 host. Is it because both games aro on the same NIC?
Please help!
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
#2 - s1m0n
Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :Just copy setup.cfg file and change port (/port=63392). Run lfs dedicated twice for each setup.cfg: LFS.exe /cfg=setup1.cfg and LFS.exe /cfg=setup2.cfg

Know that, did that. I start DEMO host than S2 host, but people can only connect to DEMO host... No error is returned, LFS just disconnects.
i do suppose you also use different names for both hosts?

you need :
-different ports
-different host names

.. and of course the correct settings for each host, which you all set in each host's setup file, but i assume you already did that.

that should be it though.

Tried first starting S2 and then demo? Can people then only connect to the S2 host?
#4 - s1m0n
Did that too
Didn't try starting S2 first... Will do that and let you know of results.
Other thing that is of concern... My hosts aren't listed on the list in the game, but they are listed on LFSWorld. Is that because my hosts are behind firewall (in fact forwarder, forwards public IP to local IP - 192.168...) that doesn't allow ping packets, or....? Game ports are properly forwarded (TCP and UDP).
Assuming you have some form of router, you indeed have to setup port forwarding on the router, so that LFS traffic is redirected to the computer that runs the LFS host(s).
Only if that is setup correctly will your host(s) show up in the LFS in-game hostlist and only then people can connect to your host(s).

maybe the following section from the lfs manual is helpful in case you're not sure : http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Hosting#Firewalls
Just to make it clear, you need a set of port forwarding / exception rules for each set of ports that run an LFS game.

You also need to setup an outgoing (LAN to WAN) rule if you have an outgoing firewall also.
#7 - s1m0n
This is the situation. I'm hosting two games on one computer with one NIC.
Games are in different folder with different configuration (names, ports, pass....). Firewall/router/forwarder is properly configured for all needed ports on TCP and UDP, other ports are blocked (web, pop, smtp, ping...). Games are not using standard ports (except port to connect to master LFS server).
Games are listed on LFSWorld but are not visible in the game.
If I'm trying to connect with game name (inputing names like MyServer DEMO or MyServer S2 to "Joining game on: internet") game is not connecting, it doesn't say anathing and it doesn't connect.
Only when I input exact IP address (public IP, not local), port and pass ("Joining game on: local network") in DEMO game it connects. But when I try to input IP ("Joining game on: local network") in S2 mode game says "you must enter a valid local network IP address".
Help plese!
If you host a game on your own computer and are behind a router, you will not be able to see your computer in the list because routers always seem to stop you connecting in a loop. The same applies if you try to connect with any other computer behind the same router.
#9 - s1m0n
How does LFS checks if server is alive? Ping? What if my firewall/forwarder is blocking ping packets?
Why my DEMO host is not listed in the game but it's listed on LFSWorld?
Onece again, all required ports are configured on firewall/forwarder propperly.
#10 - SamH
I'm somewhat confused. Are you running two dedicated servers on one box, and trying to connect to them using the LFS client on the same PC (or another PC on the same local area network) as the dedi hosts are running? If that's the case, IIRC you can't connect to the S2 host any other way than via LAN. I presume you then won't see the server listed on the Master server because, to the Master server, you're connecting using the same IP as the server itself. I presume the Master server won't hand you a listing of your server with a ping to yourself, because you're expected to connect via LAN rather than via the Master server.

Hope that made sense. If you'd name your servers, I'll tell you if they're visible in the list of multiplayer games.
u can run 2 hosts on 1 pc, i did it before and it worked...
u need to open the ports on ur firewall, router etc...
then u need to run em sepperatly.. if that works, run em together, doesnt matter wich 1 u start first...
the host can have same names, but on 1 just put a "." at the end or so,
different ports need to be used 2
they can be in the same folder but sepperatly
oh, i used 63392 and 63393 alltho i think default is 62992 or so
#12 - Davo
As long as you specify seperate configs and ports you can run the same instance of LFS.exe twice or more even. default port is 63392.
I'm running two dedicated games on one box (PC) with one NIC.
I'm connecting to them via Internet form different PC's.
Both DEMO and S2 hosts are listed on www.lfsworld.net, but are not visible in servers list in LFS.

When connecting to DEMO, I can only connect via "Joining game on: local network" and inputing IP (public, not local) and port. When trying to connect via "Joining game on: internet" and inputing DEMO name (like "LFS Demo server") LFS Client refuses to connect, it doesn's say anything (no error, nothing) and just returns to previous screen.

When connecting to S2, if LFS Client connect's via "Joining game on: internet" and then inputs S2 server name (like "LFS S2 server") it doesn't say anything just returns to previous screen. When trying to connect via "Joining game on: local network" and inputing IP (public, not local) and port LFS Client says "you must enter a valid local network IP address".

Why DEMO can connect when inputing public IP and S2 can't?
Why my games are not listed in LFS Client servers list?
what r ur servers called?
and r u sure u have opened all ports? when i opened the ports it fixed it...
else u can use a port that is allready opened...
All ports opened as I mentioned earlyer.
#16 - Davo
What's the name so we can try connect? Maybe it's a problem on your own side. I use the local ip to connect to my own server that's on my lan. I can't connect using the hostname on my own server.

So use the local IP to connect to your server on your lan, don't use the hostname because it doesn't work that way.

Actually I can connect using the hostname from LFSworld, I just forgot to forward the new port I made for the scond server. If you can't conect to the server it'll be the port forwarding. I could connect locally but using the internet method didn;t work because the port wasn't forwarded. It just waited after it says Connecting to host... then gave me error of ClientConnect : connect failed. This is when ports aren't forwarded properly. Once the port was forwarded everythign worked fine.

So double check to make sure you'r ports are properly forwarded.
DEMO server: CROTeam LFS Demo
S2 server: CROTeam LFS S2

Demo server is currently not listed on LFSWorld because LFSWorld is not yet listing V patch servers.
#18 - SamH
I can't see either of those servers in the server list, when ordering the servers alphabetically
#19 - Davo
I can see this server CROTeam LFS S2, but it's passworded so can't connect.
Both servers are private, sharing pass here wouldn't make much sens illepall
Try to connect to either of those without password and the same thing will happen even if you have pass. Tryed, believe me.
BTW, IRL I'm system admin and programmer with more than 12 years of experience (currently developing InSim app and LFS team and league manager) so I know thing or two
#21 - Davo
Well I'm surprised you're having problems with 12 years pc experience. I'm acomputer noob in comparison and can get a server running smoothly through my firewall.
I just got my box running again and i'm running 4 servers, even from the same directory. it's working fine.
Actually, the only problem is the shared deb.log and cfg.txt
Quote from Davo :Well I'm surprised you're having problems with 12 years pc experience. I'm acomputer noob in comparison and can get a server running smoothly through my firewall.

I'm having problems with the game, not my firewall... Read earlier posts.
its possible to host 2 servers on 1 computers all you have to do is make the port number different to your other server (if you have a router you also need to foward the port)
How about you try disconnecting your router and not use it temporairly then we can determine if its the router or the game or the SWISS CHEESE sitting on my table lol

Two LFS games on one host
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG