The online racing simulator
Why not BF1?
(29 posts, started )
Why not BF1?
Can somebody explain me why nobody is driving the BF1? The BF1 was one of the reasons why I bought LFS.

It was really cool to watch the Formel 1 and after that drive self with the BF1 cars in LFS. But it is really difficult to find a Server with enough players to have a nice race.

The only BF1 server that always have players on is . I know oval can sometimes be a little bit boring, but if there are enough players on the server it is great fun.

But again, I understand that the FOX is a great car and it is also fun to drive with it, but why is it so much more popular than the BF1?
if you want to have decent races with the bf1, you should join a league that races the bf1.
The problem is in my opinion, that many drivers cant handle that car with many cars around them, cause the BF1 got such a dammed acceleration and so less brakeways. So many public BF1 races with many drivers ends up in a huge chaos in t1.
I have only seen 1 or 2 racers out on the servers that have been capable to put in a complete lap in the BF1. Even then, I don't think they ran 3 consecutive laps without crashing.
bf1 is fun to drive but not fun to race. Even with evenly matched drivers, equal lap times, the racing isnt close because of the dirty air u get.
BF1 is simply too fast for 99% of the racers (including me, of course ).
Yeah, it's kind of a shame, really. There were a lot of servers running it when it came out, but not so much now. I love the car
most people cant even drive the F08 consitantly.
Perhaps we could ask Redline Server which runs FOXs to rotate between all three Formula cars? Would be nice to get some Racing going on in the F08 and the F1 car
That'd be sweet, I love driving the F08 too but rarely see it..
Quote from Modoff :bf1 is fun to drive but not fun to race. Even with evenly matched drivers, equal lap times, the racing isnt close because of the dirty air u get.

So what about wanting to be all Schumacher and stuff!?

Quote from George Kuyumji :Perhaps we could ask Redline Server which runs FOXs to rotate between all three Formula cars? Would be nice to get some Racing going on in the F08 and the F1 car

It'd be nice if happened

Currently we have the possibility to drive:

S1 cars (except the 3 fastest ones) - STCC
FOX - Redline
GTR - conedodgers
DarkSideRacing has been hosting their own weekly BF1 League races and every day for the past (what seems like) 3-4 weeks they've had it set as BF1 only with extensive hotlapping to get everyone up to speed (har-har). Once you become accustomed to the acceleration, braking and cornering abilities then it becomes much easier going.

The problem with racing BF1s is usually the lag. Because the cars can increase or decrease their speeds so quickly it can be extremely hard when following another driver through corners. If it takes a split-second too long to show them braking then before you know it you're smashing into them. Or you get the effect of them warping back and forth between 10 and 30 feet in front of you. The result is that you need to brake very early and maintain a lot of distance between you and the leading driver, only overtaking when he makes a big mistake.
I just never really liked open wheel. The car is not too hard to drive, it does wear you out pretty fast with the amount of attention you have to pay it, but it not too hard.
I drive the BF1 whenever a non-oval server is running and have found plenty of clean racers out there. Lag is certainly an issue, but keeping your distance until a planned passing maneuver works fine. You can't ride the tail of a BF1 and not hit it at some point when the driver ahead brakes 10 ft earlier than last lap. I find that BF1 drivers, once they can control the beast, are the most respectful and mature ones out there IME.

Oh, and I've had a BF1 race so close that I was only able to pass during a pit stop. Now that's real fun.
Yeah... it's kinda sad. Im new but I'm starting to like the BF1. Their insane spped and acceleration always thrill me XD
And, when I just finished a race on the BF1, I would be very impatient with even the GTR cars.. haha.
If you want to have a bit of fun and a nice lesson in gas pedal control, drive the BF1 around SO Long without TC
Ok thx people. Too sad that there aren´t enough players that want to drive the BF1.

The league is an idea but, it´s the wrong thing for me. I can´t drive when ever I wan´t to because lack of time.

My nick is funRacer and I just race for fun.
Quote from zeugnimod :BF1 is simply too fast for 99% of the racers (including me, of course ).

Yep, same here. I also prefer non-aero cars.
Quote from funRacer[83] :Can somebody explain me why nobody is driving the BF1? The BF1 was one of the reasons why I bought LFS.

I love BF1 and i have no problemos driving with it !

Add me to your msn : [email protected]

and lets drive sometimes
Quote from George Kuyumji :Perhaps we could ask Redline Server which runs FOXs to rotate between all three Formula cars? Would be nice to get some Racing going on in the F08 and the F1 car

We've had a few FO8/BF1 races in the past, but they usually end up with a lot of chaos when you can actually get people interested in them. The FOX is a lot easier to pick up and drive quickly which leads to it being a lot more popular and also more fun racing in general. I like to drive the FO8 and BF1 and I've set up one of the three Redline Racing servers in the past to an FO8 or BF1 combo for several hours but no-one seems to want to come in and give it a shot. When they do come in, as I said before, sadly it can quickly turn to chaos.
#22 - dev

Hm... NO!
When it first came out there were lots of servers and lots of people could drive them. I havent driven it in awhile but the car is a blast to run on Blackwood, getting sub 1min laps is so easy in the BF1. I dont see a reason why people dont drive it more. With the right setup, its not that hard to drive.
People aren't saying it's that hard. Any car is easy on your own. The Sauber isn't especially difficult in it's own right.

The trouble is that in a race you try and keep up. You over drive occasionally. You try to pass people when the pass isn't REALLY on (e.g. T1 Syndrome). You expect people to give room and drive cleanly. The Sauber is just too quick for the majority of people to do that with.

I know I'm not the best at LFS, but I can hold my own in most car/track combinations. And I've raced the Sauber against people whom I rate as strong or stronger than me, and the races were awful. The slightest misjudgement, the slightest bit of lag, and there is a race ending crash. Over time people learnt to calm down. The follow until a pass was well and truly on, and to back out of ones that weren't. But the majority of people don't do that.

In real F1 you have the best drivers in the world, racing the best cars, with real life risks. Thus the racing is generally devoid of lots of passing, but also devoid of accidents and setup exploits, or a range of driver abilities. All (bar Sato) don't tend to do really stupid things in T1. All get within 0.5secs of their cars potential. LFS drivers can't do that, and thus the racing isn't satisfying.

The only type of Sauber racing that would be any good is a top-notch league with GP length races (~60/70 laps), where points count, results count, tyre wear and management count, strategy counts etc. It's just not pick up and play friendly like even the FO8 is (which still needs longer races imo to unleash it's potential.

The FOX, the UF1, the FXO, the MRT etc all work as pick-up race cars, but not the BF1.

As LFS progresses and everything from setup options to tyre heating to brake temps to strategies etc then the BF1 will come into it's element, but right now for what 'the masses' want it's just too much.

My first ever lap in the Sauber was a 58 second lap of Blackwood with Race_S (okay, the second lap, as the first was my outlap). It's not hard to do, but that in no way qualifies me as able to race it properly. Only when you can do sub 55 second laps for 50 laps without any mistakes, whilst following another car, and putting in faster laps only when it counts will you be good enough in my book for that car.
Heh, you just like bragging Tristan. You're right though.

Why not BF1?
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG