The online racing simulator
#26 - Davo
heh I mustve mixed something up with the 3d
Im running about 80-90 fps, but if this sound "lag" coming,I have 66 for a second, and that sux....
#28 - Tube
just had the same bug on the MoE server... sound crackles, screen stands for a fraction of a second. lots of them.
At one point I had a big one which lasted like 2 seconds, screen was not being updated for that time as well. found myself in the wall.

Hardware:
Opteron 170
1024MB RAM
Geforce 6600 GT AGP
on-board 5.1 sound (Realtek 97 audio driver)

Hardware is ok, I'm not experiencing problems with anything else.
Did the sound lag slider and sound problem is fixed for me. Yipee! Thanks all.
I have same problem, I use the IBM T43 Notebook,
the sound device is SoundMAX Intergrated Digital Audio,
When the sound to strange , THE FPS from 90/s jump to 1-5/s,
and my car Crached....
How to fix that?In Patch U there r not this problem
#31 - shim
having this problem since upgrading from 2600+XP onboard sound (no sound probs apart from clipping) to a 5200 X2 with Creative X-Fi..
slider under options/misc set to 15 works for me!
I'm running an AMD 64 3500+ with 1GB RAM and an nVidia 6600GT card w/128mb video RAM.
This is on an MSI board containing an nForce2 chipset and I am using the onboard AC'97 sound device.

I get around 90+/- FPS usually, but since patch V I have also been experiencing this sound glitch.
It's very annoying because, as someone else indicated, it causes the framerate to dive and I often come out of it hitting a wall.

Patch W hasn't helped and setting the sound delay up to 0.20 seems to have helped a little, but the problem still exists.

The devs changed something with the sound system on patch V and it has caused issues.
I think it merits further investigation.
I'm running AMD Athlon 2000 2ghz, gforce2 mx400 card n 786mb ram. I'm also getting this really annoying stuttering. It seems to happen at any time, usually at the worst time. I set LFS to high priority in task manager, but that didn't help. So I set it to real time, that didn't help. The only thing that did seem to help was reiniting the sound, but it still happens, just not as much at the moment.

I also enabled force feedback, set Nvidia software to high performance. Just can't get rid of it. I've done spyware scans (nothing), virus scans (nothing) updated windows xp (nothing).... none of it fixes it. The developers working on fixing this damn bug? Its really annoying. Cause 2 weeks ago my hdd shat itself, so now i have an older one. With complete fresh system. The I never had any problems like this in the old setup. Ever since I lost my hdd its been a pain.

Be great if they can fix it.

Venus
May i ask? How do i put LFS on full priority?
In the Task Manager.

Right click on LFS.exe.

There are probably other ways I dont know of, though.
Quote from harjun :May i ask? How do i put LFS on full priority?

That may just cause your computer to be even more slow or possibly crash, because it takes some processing power away from windows.
No, it doesn't affect it at all. Either way. So I'd say put it back to normal... high doesn't do a thing.

OK. This is some of the things I've tried to fix this.

I thought it might be a problem with time sync between clock time n cpu clock. Check ur sync by dbl click ur clock, click internet zone... updater on either server, you'll see it won't sync, you get an error. The first server isn't there (no ping) and it can't talk to 2nd server. Its caused by the w32time service not working in manage computer.

MS does have a way to get it to verify its sync from the net in its knowledgebase, which requires a lil registry tweaking. Well, I did that. Nothing.. still doesn't help, so its not sync.

I made sure I was fully updated on xp. Didn't help.

I did a spyware scan, didn't help.
I doubt its a virus, cause we'd all have to have it, and my windows is a fresh copy, but a virus scan is my next option though reluctant cause it takes hours.

I fiddled with my performance and virtual memory options, but that didn't help either. (System)

I'm not sure its an LFS problem. I get the same stutter, crackles in windows even when lfs isn't loaded. The real annoying part is before my hdd shat itself, I didn't have this problem. This started from the moment I put LFS on the fresh system. So its possible it could be LFS relatred. I won't discount it, exactly because it started from installing lfs. I'm running W vers, no patches.

In LFS. I tried setting Minimum Sleep to 4, but that didn't help either.

Anyone having any success here at all? If we all docoument in here what you did, to try to fix it, we might just track the mother down. I also updated my acpi driver which was a suggestion from somewhere. Didn't help.

Venus
ok, think I've found a solution guys. Its not LFS. Its windows xp's virtual memory. Specifically, its windows writing the page file. Thats whats going on with the hdd going off. IF, and only IF you have heaps of memory (RAM), 700+ u can try it with 500+ but.... what you do, is go to control panel/system/advanced/performance settings. Down the bottom, you see Virtual Memory. Click on change. Set it to No Page File. Then apply. You will have to reboot.

Whats the effect? Ok, well its going to slow down some of your windows operations, which is fine if your playing LFS. The stutter stops. If you want it to be faster in windows after playing LFS, set it back to System Managed, or custom n pick ur page file size.

On 786mb ram, I only notice a slight decrease in performance in windows, without LFS being run. So I'm going to leave it this way. IN LFS. I don't get any stutter anymore... because what was causing it was the hard drive constantly going off.... it doesn't do that anymore

Venus

[Edit] This does fix the problem, but you still may experience the odd stutter after doing an Alt Tab, or possibly on a large grid where you are at the back. On the whole, it fixes it well, and have only had 2 occurences of it since, compared to every 5 minutes before. If you have alot of mem, more than me, then it should fix it completely. Pls, if you only have 256m of ram, don't even bother trying this.

V
This worked for a few days, then it came back. So its not the page file
I think i have the same problem, i think it's a windows problem and not with the Game, because some of my other games does the same thing, just not as bad as LFS, to me it looks like it's because the harddisk is working or something, my system goes fra 90 to 1-5 fps 3 times, then it comes back 5 minuts after or something.
My first thought was it was my antivirus doing some funny business, but it's not :|, so I have no idear what is causing the stutter

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG