The online racing simulator
U33 Dedicated Host?
(16 posts, started )
U33 Dedicated Host?
Do we need to update the server or is U33 clientside only?
I don't even think the latest autoupdate is U33. Everyone is still on U32 after the recent update afaik, and all it did was update some things for U32.... thats it.

So no, you don't need to update the server. Keep it at U32, until further notice / new downloadable dedi patch.
It's ok, I didn't update the dedicated host because nothing changed in the multiplayer code this time.
U33 Dedicated Host
I've just released the U33 dedicated host.

In U33 dedicated host only, I've added some code which penalises players who use the "teleport to pits from start line" cheat to save themselves half a pitlane drive when they are on a host running the "must pit" rule.

http://www.liveforspeed.net/fi ... ?name=LFS_S2_DEDI_U33.zip
Do you have any plans to penalise players who start from the pitlane in order to jump the grid regardless of mustpit?
Where can that work out, Becky? On which tracks can you gain by using that method?

I would have thought the pit lane speed limit and its penalties would have stopped that, so I was not aware that could be a problem.

I believe you of course, I just want some examples so I get get my head around a fix.
Quote from Scawen :On which tracks can you gain by using that method?

Blackwood GP Reverse for one.

Even if you don't speed in the pitlane you can join in front of the pack.
Quote from Scawen :I've just released the U33 dedicated host.

In U33 dedicated host only, I've added some code which penalises players who use the "teleport to pits from start line" cheat to save themselves half a pitlane drive when they are on a host running the "must pit" rule.

Upgraded to U33 on ConeDodgers, just joined a race and used Shift+S to Garage and pitted going out the garage, so it does not seem to work.

Is there any extra setting in the cfg?
It's not illegal to pit then (that could not be done in a compatible version) but it doesn't count as your required pit stop.

If you don't pit again before the end, you will receive a 30 second time penalty when you pass the first split on your final lap, or be disqualified if you already have a time penalty for some other reason.
Quote from Scawen :It's not illegal to pit then (that could not be done in a compatible version) but it doesn't count as your required pit stop.

If you don't pit again before the end, you will receive a 30 second time penalty when you pass the first split on your final lap, or be disqualified if you already have a time penalty for some other reason.

However in my testing i have always joined midrace so i am a lap down and get no penalty and are not disqualified which gets me a better grid slot for the next race on the servers which are set for finish order.
Yes I see what you mean.

But I can't do a perfect solution, in a compatible version. It would be easy to do, if V did not have to be compatible with U. Then I could make it that you get disqualified at the end of the race.

But as V does have to be compatible with U, this current solution is the best I can do - so that the different versions still have the same race results listing at the end (i.e. not be OOS). And it does solve the most annoying problem of people pitting from the start grid and making an immediate pit stop.

Today I'm going to have a look at this other one decribed by Becky and traxxion.
Quote from Scawen :Where can that work out, Becky? On which tracks can you gain by using that method?

I would have thought the pit lane speed limit and its penalties would have stopped that, so I was not aware that could be a problem.

I believe you of course, I just want some examples so I get get my head around a fix.

AS1 with UF1000 is also a possibility. I've done it by accident.
Right I've dealt with this on host and guest side.

You are not allowed to join (from escape menu or garage) from the time the lights go green until 12 seconds later.

If any guest succeeds in joining at this time, the host will immediately force them to spectate.

Any guest who has U35 or newer version, won't be able to join at all, their join buttons have a countdown on them : join (12) join (11) etc...
Quote from Scawen :Right I've dealt with this on host and guest side.

You are not allowed to join (from escape menu or garage) from the time the lights go green until 12 seconds later.

If any guest succeeds in joining at this time, the host will immediately force them to spectate.

Any guest who has U35 or newer version, won't be able to join at all, their join buttons have a countdown on them : join (12) join (11) etc...

Bueno, Scawen !!
Quote from Scawen :Right I've dealt with this on host and guest side.

Well done, thanks

U33 Dedicated Host?
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG