The online racing simulator
Quote from Intrepid :Anyone who does karting should watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ;feature=player_embedded#!

Keep ya heads up and not down.

ouch ! not very smart to put your gead down when the pit exit is ahead of you.

in sweden we got a rule that says if the judge can't see the top of the visor while tucking down you will get one warning then a black flag if it is repeated.
I don't know if that rule i still in use but it was used when i raced karts about 2 years ago
LOLA T70 mk2

my fav Can-Am car
Attached images
Lola Brian Quail 3-4 rear SS photo.jpg
Interesting how he never seems to really go full throttle very long.
Infineon basically turns to some direction all the time. And has lots of big and small elevation changes. With that much power and grip I don't think it is surprising at all imho.
Quote from ACCAkut :Anyone still remebers Palatov and his DP1? He tackles Pike Peak this year with a (iirc) Turbo Hayabusa powered car.

Full test run up the mountain (now 100% paved)

Thanks for that Video. It reminds me that they mentioned in the last "Speedgang" show Sorry, for everyone else, it´s an Austrian Show, that Walter Röhrl will drive up the Pikes Peak with the S1 Pikes Peak again. It´s a shame that the whole track is paved now. That car is clearly made for gravel. I don´t mind the guard railing, it adds to security. But the whole thing paved makes it much less interesting to watch :-(

I remember an Interview with Walter after he drove up the Pikes Peak in 1987. He said, that he was impressed seeing the recordings from a Helicopter after the race and how "the car" drove up that road. He did not even mention himself. This guy´s just fantastic.
Quote from buedi :It´s a shame that the whole track is paved now. That car is clearly made for gravel. I don´t mind the guard railing, it adds to security. But the whole thing paved makes it much less interesting to watch :-(

If it consolates you, the paving has little to do with the race. It's an old law suit, claiming the tons of gravel dumped on the highway has kept polluting streams, damaging vegetation and choked wetlands. (You might know this already though...)

Racing videos
(4786 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG