The online racing simulator
Disabling repairs in pits?
(14 posts, started )
Hi,

this can be a "easy one", but is there any possibility to pit with a slightly damaged can and NOT to repair the damage? Only to change tires and refuel.
nope. no way. they need to put that in would like to see that.
#3 - AndyC
I'm sure it will be implemented soon enough. It can be quite annoying i've lost a few races beacause of it. For example when I was racing there was the usual 1st corner incident so i got a little Minor Damage but nothing that stopped me from racing competivly. So i went for my pitstop about 5 laps before the end of the race and it took about 7 or 8 seconds to repair the damage which made me loose my lead.

a bit annoying but i'm sure the feature will come soon

Andy.
#4 - bbman
Not quite the topic, but:

Can I change values such as tire pressure or suspension in my car while racing, and when I pit, my new settings are applied? If yes, how can I do this?
I think but may be wrong but F11 you can change ARB and brake bias on the fly and F12 is where you can change fuel fill, tire pressures, tire types, and others.
Quote from mrodgers :I think but may be wrong but F11 you can change ARB and brake bias on the fly and F12 is where you can change fuel fill, tire pressures, tire types, and others.

BUT this only works in Full S1/S2 Version, not in demo
#7 - AndyC
Quote from Vykos69 :BUT this only works in Full S1/S2 Version, not in demo

Then get the full version and you have nothing to worry about

Andt.
#8 - bbman
I am... Just takes me a while, since I got no credit card or Paypal-account...
At the moment the ONLY penalty for damage is the pitstops. Therefore, until aero penalties etc are implemented then I say keep it as it is.

To those complaining of losing 7 or 8 seconds in a pitstop, then consider that if the aero penalties, engine damage, coolant damage etc etc were added then you would probably lose more than 30 seconds. So the forced damage repair actually HELPS you.
I wasn't complaining really i was just saying. I agree with you in what you are saying, it is because of that and a sensible way to put it. But even if later on If I got aero damage it doesn't mean i want it fixed with 5 laps to go. It was like kimi with his tyre early on in the Forumla 1 races. He could have pitted and lost time and places but he didn't. I know its a tyre and not a aerodynamic part such as a wing but I hope you get what I mean. But like I said i'm sure this feature will be implemented later on (once the damage system is up to scratch)

Andy.
When aero/mechanical damage is added I want certain damage UNrepairable, certain damage repaired regardless (you can't go out of the pits with some damage), and some damage (mainly the minor stuff) user choosable.

Until then I think it's correct.
Agree with Tristan on this one.
How intelligent is the repair process though? If getting any sort of minor damage results in the same time penalty in the pits then that line of reasoning is bogus and we should have the option to disable repairs.
But minor damage doesn't result in the same "time penalty" as major damage. AFAIK patch P2 took care of unreasonable long repair times for minor damage. But how "intelligent" the repair process actually is, I don't know.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG