The online racing simulator
scene is WAYYYYYY to bright
Okay, update! I've decided to get rid of the FXO body and start the chassis!
Also can anyone tell me WHY the shadows and dark stuff are so noisy?
Attached images
chassiswip.jpg
its all in the quality controls, i dont know what your using, radiosity im guessing?
or light tracer most likely, if light tracer check ray bias and filter size, if radiosity.. i have no idea, then its probably some setting in the light itself

you really need to turn the brightness down, the whole scene is really overbrightened, giving little shadows, and also causing that horrid pure white almost instantly to black look which you dont want

lol i can't imagine the pipes from the cats to the muffler is all to realistic (sweeping right like that)
also, another major flaw now that i looked at that it has 2 cats, you have the FXO set up as a flat 4, meaning there is only 1 header (upfront i believe?) therefore you should only have 1 cat, and most likely it would be rightmost on the car
and make a hole in that muffler!

i might as well keep going lol, brake discs.. make 2 discs that are seperate, and then have the vent vains a seperate element or seperate object, therefore you wont get that strange oval look

calipers look okay, not smoothed though

unsure about the length and position of the suspensions

and whats the wire going to the tiny gearbox for? or is it really lke that? (not sure, i've never really seen how a manual small car works)
also, isn't that the same engine and parts and stuff from the game redline racing?
:bump:
I just made a 30 second animation of FXO transforming into an FXR taxi-ish style, It's going to finish rendering in ~27hours (21h passed already), the video is meant to be an intro in Niko's&mine video about the taxi Altho i forgot the 2001ZY13 on the render's numberplate, but meh, there's been too long rendering without so I'll just keep it as it is now

The 3d transformation has it's flaws, but it's my biggest anim ever and i spent only 4 hours making it, so don't expect very much.

Expect the video in "Movies" section somewhat near Wed-Thu

YAY! 400th post!
izecold skillz dude:bump:
#33 - Davo
Nice work on the fxo chassis. Can't wait to see this movie your first one was great. You've come a long way in a short time, I remember when you were asking for others to do renders for you hehe now you're modelling.
Niko - that's approximate,
Smurfen - skills of thread bumping?
Davo - heh, thanks but the fxo in the movie has no chassis It's just a standard Ian H.'s(?) version with cyan glasses

Flaw list:
front bumper doesn't suit that good
no taxi rooflight
rough wheel change anim
everything is a bit unfinished
I'm typing this from a pda cuz my comp is running 23 processes instead of usual 50 and has a disconnected net wire, all for faster/cleaner rendering process
2 cores are not THAT fast
/me wants a core2quad or extreme or Brazil banshee set up on every comp here
sneak pic
Attached images
sneak.jpg
27 hours? ...messed up settings, i hope you are using incremental mode, and not using irridance map

if you are using irridance map, chances the lighting will look weird and will "flash" every so often
Shut it, you! j.k. of course.

The scene contains 750 frames, each one takes from 2 to 7 minutes to render, I think it's normal, huh?

incremental mode, irridance map - what the hell are these?

edit: 27 hours was my crappy approx count, 3dsmax shows 18h now
:woohoo: Done! :woohoo:
I'll post a youtube version soon
Cool! You should only add the taxi light and it would be complete!
woow dood this is awesome
i have 3 things to say
1. your scene once again is way overbrightened
2. white skin really makes the overbrightened thing worse
3. camera did the same thing every time...?
Quote from XCNuse :i have 3 things to say
1. your scene once again is way overbrightened
2. white skin really makes the overbrightened thing worse
3. camera did the same thing every time...?

1. its true a lil too bright
2. the taxi is white..
3.still rocks

*whistling* I did nothing with illumination , no lights, et, just default skylight and GI plane :rolleyes:

Full vid coming in 25 mins
Awsome stuff man, everything is Awsome!
:chairfall
Now I mess with HDRI maps

The attachement took 44(!) minutes to render even though the skylight shadow casting was off and there was a small overall amount of rays.

For some reason, when I turn on the skylight shadow casting the whole thing crashes when i try to render... That happens in any LFS scene, but everything's ok when I use some simple scene (like a mirror ball)

...D'oh now the FXO scene's corrupted
Attached images
test2-44mins.jpg
Quote from Funnycat :Now I mess with HDRI maps

The attachement took 44(!) ...

44 mins for that render is too long, you may have set some rendering setting too high. As a highly reflective objects and under lit scene you have here, even if you turn down all rendering settings (i.e. Skylight, G.I.) the result will look almost the same. (it will be a different story if your scene objects are matt and well lit. The low sampling of G.I will show up badly.)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG