The online racing simulator
Need Help BAD, Pictures look HORRIBLE.
(49 posts, started )
Right now you are using integrated graphics. It basically uses the processor to render everything. With a graphics card, all the rendering is done in it and the graphics card is specifically designed to generate what you are seeing so it is alot more efficient, taking a big strain off of your processor while playing games. I am trying to think of a way to tell you how to find out which slot you have and that won't be too hard to explain... (anyone?)
#27 - Jakg
What CPU do you have?
#28 - Gunn
Even some intergrated graphics are capable of AA and AF. In Windows you need to find your advanced properties for your video card, The setting that helps to remove the jagged outlines is called Anit-aliasing (AA). Your screenshots suggest that you have no AA set at all. Even a setting of 2X will make a huge difference to the images.

The other setting that people talk about is Anisotropic filtering (AF). It makes improvements to image quality but AA is the one that will make the most impact in your situation so don't worry about AF too much.

If you can find an AA setting for your integrated video then put it on 2X. Use a 32bit mode in LFS, this will improve the colours (and image quality) quite noticably. Finally, you should try to use the highest resolution that your video allows. I would recommend using at least 1024 x 768 but higher if your card allows.

Best of luck to you.
Hello
Well I just got off the phone with dell and thay told me I'm not able to upgrade because it's a Intergrated Card wich is built into the mother board :weeping: :gnasher: So now i'm really mad, and they told not to adjust the settings because it would fry the mother board because it's a 145 watt i have no clue.
Quote from TypeRCivic :Well I just got off the phone with dell ...

There is your problem, underlined in blue.
Quote from TypeRCivic :Well I just got off the phone with dell and thay told me I'm not able to upgrade because it's a Intergrated Card wich is built into the mother board

so? who says u cant just plug in a card and deactivate the onbaord graphics? (what works )
hello
HaHa.... Yes thats the problem. But i'll be getting a new one hopefully. But i've added a different PICTURE and it's starting to look better.
Attached images
QuakerSnap2.gif
Hello
I'm not sure what the hell she was talking about, show told me it's a built in AGI Intergrated 145 watt card or some sh*tillepall I honestly have no F'N clue what she's talking about. I have a Dell Demension 3000 package2, if anyone know if i can add a card please let me know
#34 - Gunn
Quote from TypeRCivic :I'm not sure what the hell she was talking about, show told me it's a built in AGI Intergrated 145 watt card or some sh*tillepall I honestly have no F'N clue what she's talking about. I have a Dell Demension 3000 package2, if anyone know if i can add a card please let me know

"built-in", "integrated", "on-board" all mean that you don't have a dedicated graphics "card" at all. The graphics chips are on the motherboard. Because the motherboard doesn't have space for stacks of video ram, integrated graphics solutions usually use some system ram to prop up their capabilities. So not only is integrated graphics less efficient and less capable than a dedicated setup, you also lose some system ram to the video side of things.

There are three main types of motherboard. One has the capability to use a dedicated card only, one is integrated only and the third has both integrated video and a slot for a dedicated card. Dell usually does not use the latter, but they have been known to on occasion. The sexy price and specs that Dell likes to spam over our TV screens are real enough, but you have to know what is inside the box to understand that there is a reason why they can deliver PCs at that amazing price. Many gamers have been dissapointed to discover that the well-priced PC they purchased was not entirely suitable for gaming and Dell aren't the only OEM who push the boundaries of price in this way. Additionally the dell cases are usually not compatible with conventional motherboards, meaning you can't just grab a motherboard off the shelf of your local PC store and swap it over.

So...if your motherboard has a connector for a dedicated card then you can buy a decent card and disable the integrated video in the BIOS. If not then you may be stuck with your current specs, maybe throw some ram at it to help keep things real.
#35 - J.B.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :so? who says u cant just plug in a card and deactivate the onbaord graphics? (what works )

Dell actually phsically remove the AGP port if you buy a PC with onboard graphics. Or so I heard.
Quote from Chisha :The easiest thing to do would be to flick through your motherboards manual to see what's in it. If you don't have that then just open the case and take a look on the mb. Here's a handy guide to tell the slots apart: http://www.viaarena.com/defaul ... ageID=5&ArticleID=383

I'm not sure how to tell them apart, even with this guide and if DELL removes the card then why cant i just buy one and install it? Where do I find a guide of my mother board? and how do i know what MB it is?
#38 - Jakg
Because chances are it doesnt have the slot FOR the card
Hello
Well I've yet poped the box to see for myself, I'm not sure how to identify a MotherBoard
Why not try to take a picture of the mother board and post it here? That is if you can get a good shot without all the wiring in the way. We should be able to tell from seeing the slots for ourselves.

Quote from J.B. :Dell actually phsically remove the AGP port if you buy a PC with onboard graphics. Or so I heard.

That's exactly how the motherboard of my previous computer was (Compaq given to me). It had the spot for AGP, but the actual slot was missing.

FWIW, my new computer, another Compaq, has ATI onboard chip, but actually has a real PCI-e slot. I just don't have the cash for a new card .
Quote from anbiddulph :EDIT: doesnt matter, look at my sig lol

Haha, now look at mine! xD I wonder how long it will take to get 1000+ souls?

Quote from TypeRCivic :I'm not sure how to identify a MotherBoard

PLL?
I know this is off topic but...How do I put a siggy on? I cant find the link in my user cp to be able to do it?
Quote from scoobyrbac :I know this is off topic but...How do I put a siggy on? I cant find the link in my user cp to be able to do it?

This forum has no options to have a graphical signature. You can use the smilies provided by the forum, and that is all.
No i mean like you got your writing underneath your post..how to do that? i never have bothered to do anything with it..so idk how it works?
#45 - Jakg
Quote from scoobyrbac :No i mean like you got your writing underneath your post..how to do that? i never have bothered to do anything with it..so idk how it works?

enjoy
Taking a (clear) picture of the inside of your case should help us identify what you can and can't do. Only tip I have now is to never, ever buy a Dell again
Hello
Yes i agree about never buying a dell again, I'll take that picture soon and post it.
#49 - Jakg
Quote from ENR_Kyle :thats COMPLETE BS.. most motherboards come with onboard graphics. I had a dell.. there all upgradable.. you just use the PCI or AGP or PCI-E port.. if all you have is PCI then its not even worth upgrading.. get a new mobo with PCI-E

about half of all motherboards come with onboards - usually the cheap ones.

Not all of the mobo's are upgradeable with a graphics card, Dell like to screw with people

Need Help BAD, Pictures look HORRIBLE.
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG