The online racing simulator
Ah

Nevermind. I got it. I'll post my finish tomorrow
Thats a nice mod on the pedals Turbo Dad after seeing the way the pedals are made up its very simple design

but first i need to get a g25

If u wanna model an Impreza go here http://www.suurland.com/ look in the blueprint section in sports cars i think u should find 2 Impreza Wrc blueprints it would save u having to go out in the rain then
im currently modelling a Wrc 99 being a scooby owner i thought u might find the blueprints helpfull http://i35.photobucket.com/alb ... 9Scoobyworkinprogress.jpg
was really looking for diagram of seat, pedals , steering wheel etc. with dimensions to model the cockpit
Ah Sorry i misunderstood

Good luck with the mod anyway
NICE ! good job ^_^
agreed
All this time and I finally found my camera... Better late than never.
Attached images
011808_20301.jpg
Some updates to the pedals
Attached images
130720081322.jpg
130720081323.jpg
130720081324.jpg
130720081325.jpg
130720081326.jpg
Very nice mod! I'm thinking about maybe doing something similar when I get my Rinoseat. However I was thinking about maybe extending the pedal a little to get a longer "arc of travel". I think the pedal travel is too low with the original configuration, especially when using the nixim mod. Here's a rough sketch of what I was thinking. (the black thingy is the piece of iron that I'd add)

Any thoughts? What I'm mostly worried about is that it would of course induce more stress on the pedal mechanism. Especially since I'm using the nixim mod... has anyone tried using the Nixim mod in an upside-down arrangement like the original poster?
That would indeed put a lot of stress on the pedal, especially if I get it correctly the nixim mod involves having the pedal travel limited with a hard rubber pad to simulate RL brakes.
If the added part is bolted (sandwich like to prevent damage) and "bendable", i.e. with lower mechanical resistance that the rest of the assembly, that would bend (and eventually break) before you damage the pedal itself. 1mm sheet metal maybe?
Quote from Mille Sabords :That would indeed put a lot of stress on the pedal, especially if I get it correctly the nixim mod involves having the pedal travel limited with a hard rubber pad to simulate RL brakes.
If the added part is bolted (sandwich like to prevent damage) and "bendable", i.e. with lower mechanical resistance that the rest of the assembly, that would bend (and eventually break) before you damage the pedal itself. 1mm sheet metal maybe?

Good thoughts. I'll have to consider this some more.. maybe I'll pop by the metal workshop at campus and ask them if they could machine something for me in return for a sixpack of beer or something. But before I go into construction I'll have to wait for the Rinoseat to arrive so I can get some precise measurements. (I've been waiting for 6 weeks now..)
Quote from Turbo Dad :

It looks kinda exposed(to dust,hair etc) you know all the wires and stuff.

Is there any way to protect them?
Quote from Gnomie : Any thoughts? What I'm mostly worried about is that it would of course induce more stress on the pedal mechanism. Especially since I'm using the Nixim mod... has anyone tried using the Nixim mod in an upside-down arrangement like the original poster?

I have the Nixim mod installed for last 6 months with no problems with pedal , but the rubber mod is being cut into by the inside X of the red spring cover.

Your extension would add more leverage ,Shrubba tried this

Worth contacting him maybe?

Quote from [UKR] Race King :It looks kinda exposed(to dust,hair etc) you know all the wires and stuff.Is there any way to protect them?

Regards to dust:. In the standard pedal setup , they sit on the floor and there are large gaps all around the pedals for stuff to come of your socks and land on the pots.
I think they are probably better inverted ,that way the crud is falling away from the pots rather than onto them inside the case.
But a very simple shroud could cover them up using any thin sheet material.
Thanks Turbo Dad! I'll try to contact him and see what he says.

In the meantime I've done some minor modifications to the non-inverted setup. I've moved the gas pedal a little closer to the brake, and elevated the brake again using washers. (the nixim mod is of course still installed) I haven't used it enough yet to make a final verdict, but my first impression is that heel&toe is much easier now, because when I depress the brake my foot is almost precisely level with the gas pedal, so I just have to twist my ankle slightly to heel&toe.

Here's a few pictures:
The block I used to move the gas pedal:
Seen from the front:
Seen from above:

I'll keep it this way until my Rinoseat arrives, and then I'll decide on whether I want to invert the pedals or not.
Not bad... I have access to a huge workshop where I work, I may design some parts for modifications and have them machined out of aluminum some day (when I reach the limits of the pedal set, now struggling to apply correct brake pressure - is the nixim mod ONLY a rubber pad? What thickness / stroke left on brake pedal? I have many samples of rubber and could try a few different hardnesses.
Any chance to get measurements of your spacers if they feel comfortable?

Thanks
Quote from Mille Sabords :Not bad... I have access to a huge workshop where I work, I may design some parts for modifications and have them machined out of aluminum some day (when I reach the limits of the pedal set, now struggling to apply correct brake pressure - is the nixim mod ONLY a rubber pad? What thickness / stroke left on brake pedal? I have many samples of rubber and could try a few different hardnesses.
Any chance to get measurements of your spacers if they feel comfortable?

Thanks

The Nixim mod is indeed "just a piece of rubber". Here you can see the detailed instructions. I'm sure it's possible to make your own, but be careful not to use something too stiff. The Nixim mod about halves the effective pedal range (by introducing a 50% deadzone before the rubber starts getting squished), but in return the feeling is MUCH better. However one of the main reasons why I'm considering to invert the pedals and extend the pedal arc is to get a longer range of travel to compensate for the large deadzone.

G25 Pedal Mod with Chair Restraint
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG