The online racing simulator
G25 Brake Pedal Too Stiff?
(17 posts, started )
#1 - Zac86
I've driven a bunch of cars in my life and never felt a brake pedal this stiff! I sometimes lift myself off my chair because I need to press down so hard! Is anyone else having this problem?
I haven't either, usually in a car it's a little softer, but after a while you get used to it. There's a bit a pressure in a car too, but you have shoes and you can't that much as when you have your shoes off. It's a little stiffer on the G25 tho.
Wow, complaints that the brake is TOO stiff. Man, I really want a G25 now. I have the squashball mod done on my Momo pedals and love how stiff it is. I have the braking force cranked in my setups to nearly 3000 NM. It feels almost like a pressure sensitive pedal rather than axis rotation. I now use about 25% of the pedal deflection rather than 80-100% like I use to with the weak stock feel.

Try that if the pedal feels too stiff. Crank up those braking forces in the setup and use the pedal more like a pressure pedal than rotating it on the axis. It's awesome.
Remember race prepared cars usually have a very short brake pedal so you could call it realistic if your not able to press it all the way down without jumping out your seat
actually i think its too soft
hasnt got a pressure point either
I also think its too stiff, and trying to full brake while heel-toeing using bare foot.... HURTS!!

I don't have any soft covered shoes (don't feel like spending anything more), can't really drive with basketball shoes either lol!
-
(StanleyCarter) DELETED by StanleyCarter
Not stiff for me here. It's actually just perfect for a brake on a pedal controller set. All the previous pedal sets are too flimsy and that is terrible for proper braking control and feathering. It's just fine for me, I have no complaints.

And all the previous pedals I have owned I modded them with tougher/stronger springs. And I still couldn't get them to have the stiffness I wanted like the G25 has.
#8 - Gunn
I think it is just fine. It is easy to apply the brake in increments due to the resistance. Set your brake pressure in your car setup so that you can take advantage of this. One of the things I love about the G25 is the ability to dab the brake without locking the wheels. This is much harder to achieve on a soft pedal because it is very easy to overdo it.
I think it is a little bit on the soft side. The throttle may have been a little stiffer as well. But, if you can't drive with it because it's too stiff, get some more feet muscle, or eat more doritos so gravity helps you
I tried 2 different G25s, the first one I had, the brake pedal was really stiff, and I absolutely loved it! I could control skidding so much better and just felt so much better. But then the wheel broke (made that really dreadful mechanical grinding noise as found in the noisy G25 thread), and I got a new wheel. The pedals in my second one are really weak... maybe just a tad stiffer than my momo wheels and that was a real dissapointment. (and its also starting to make that grinding noise again, although its not as loud... yet)

I'm surprised there was such a a lack of consistency in the pedals, was certainly expecting a much higher standard of quality from this product.
Quote from StanleyCarter :I also think its too stiff, and trying to full brake while heel-toeing using bare foot.... HURTS!!

thats more a problem of badly deburred pedals and a gas pedals that isnt placed further back than the brake pedal
Quote from Shotglass :thats more a problem of badly deburred pedals and a gas pedals that isnt placed further back than the brake pedal

you beat me too it
Quote from Zac86 :I've driven a bunch of cars in my life and never felt a brake pedal this stiff! I sometimes lift myself off my chair because I need to press down so hard! Is anyone else having this problem?

It's not stiff in enough. In real life, you're not braking as hard as in the game.

Threshold braking in a real car takes a LOT more effort.
The stiffness is okay, if you have a proper seating position. For normal chair use they are too "steep" which causes extra stress on the foot. Also you should use your whole leg to press down the pedal - not just the heel resting at the base and the toes pressing, that's insane. If you actually put on shoes it gets much easier to press, and heel-toeing won't hurt anymore either.

But to be honest, I much preferred the feel of my squashballed MS Sidewinder pedals. They were actually progressive, with no resistance at the beginning, up to impossible-to-press-to-100% resistance at the end. The G25 pedals just have a strong resistance all the way down, which feels less real to me.
I might find something that I can lodge under the front of the pedals (the end that is nearer to me), so they are at a better angle.
Quote from AndroidXP :The stiffness is okay, if you have a proper seating position. For normal chair use they are too "steep" which causes extra stress on the foot. Also you should use your whole leg to press down the pedal - not just the heel resting at the base and the toes pressing, that's insane. If you actually put on shoes it gets much easier to press, and heel-toeing won't hurt anymore either.

ya you're right, now that I realised I WERE using mostly my toes for pressing, which is not the case while driving in any real cars.

I made a simple test just now, by either sitting lower or by placing the pedals higher (more tilted as well) than it should be, it actually feels a lot better, and the brakes pressure feels great.

Guess its time to for some table modding...
i didnt think they were stiff enough and ive used 2 different units, but anything stiffer would just push the base off the floor, this carpet grip system is pretty crap at doing its job.
Quote from StanleyCarter :ya you're right, now that I realised I WERE using mostly my toes for pressing, which is not the case while driving in any real cars.

I made a simple test just now, by either sitting lower or by placing the pedals higher (more tilted as well) than it should be, it actually feels a lot better, and the brakes pressure feels great.

Guess its time to for some table modding...

I've had my pedals sitting on an angled platform I threw together for years. It would be impossible for me to do pedal work with them sitting flat on the floor sitting in an office chair as I do now. I think I built the small platform in 1997, very shortly after I purchased my first wheel controller.

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG