The online racing simulator
Music for movies
(38 posts, started )
#26 - JTbo
Oh yes, if I would do a video, it would be introduction to lfs and racing, story type (about two drivers preparing to battle final race, ultimate battle, fern bay pit area would provide quite nice enviroment for part of scenes...), it would contain different artistic camera angles and slowmotion scenes, also lot of effects, like old brown film, blurring part of screen making only parts that are wanted to stand out sharp, lot of different 'scenes' etc. and music would be Panu Aaltio's Planetary attack if I could get permission from him.

Only problems I see are that I can't make movies and my computer is not enough to make movie at 640x480 resolution, which would defineatly be needed to get it look nice.

So anyone can borrow idea if they like from it
blink 182 for crashin..
sum41-in too deep (for drifting movie!)
Quote from Bo_Punk_2.0 :From First To Last - Ride The Wings of Pestilence

FFTL would be the last choice of band I would want in an LFS movie.
Muse - The Small Print
Muse - Stockholm Syndrome
Foo Fighters - Walking A Line
Foo Fighters - Free Me
Foo Fighters - All My Life
#30 - JTbo
Quote from Conrad Wegener :Muse - The Small Print
Muse - Stockholm Syndrome
Foo Fighters - Walking A Line
Foo Fighters - Free Me
Foo Fighters - All My Life

How you can afford license costs?
The Naishon - The summer song
Quote from JTbo :How you can afford license costs?

20 other people wrote their music tips in this thread and you ask me how I can afford the license costs? Why you ask me?
Moby-Lift Me Up gets me going at full throttle.
Quote from JTbo :How you can afford license costs?

You can actually use whatever song you like on your movie, as long as you don't make any profit on the video. And of course you need to use the songs you have bought on an original CD or from a legit MP3 store. That pretty much sums up your licensing costs, 1 mp3 is usually pretty cheap these days...hmm actually i should find out how much I've spent on mp3s.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :You can actually use whatever song you like on your movie, as long as you don't make any profit on the video.

Yes, in practice. I don't think even record companies are interested in free videos like game videos in general or whatever. If you started to produce DVD collections from those vids and selling them, then you could have a problem.

Quote :And of course you need to use the songs you have bought on an original CD or from a legit MP3 store.

I don't think it matters whether you use illegal mp3 or song from the original CD release you have bought. You still don't have rights to use it in videos. But like I said, luckily no one really cares do you use them or not.

ps. No idea about Estonian copyright laws though
Someone please, please do a slo mo vid with a song by Z-Trip called "3rd Gear". This has LFS slo mo writtin all over it.

3rd Gear - By Z-Trip!!!
3rd Gear - By Z-Trip!!!
#37 - JTbo
Quote from Taavi(EST) :You can actually use whatever song you like on your movie, as long as you don't make any profit on the video. And of course you need to use the songs you have bought on an original CD or from a legit MP3 store. That pretty much sums up your licensing costs, 1 mp3 is usually pretty cheap these days...hmm actually i should find out how much I've spent on mp3s.

If law is such in your country then you are lucky, but it is not same everywhere, actually I find it very hard to believe that you could legally show publicly video where you have used copyrighted songs (ie. putting them to youtube or distributing via other means to internet users).

Without permission you can't use music that is not made by you, if you do that is already violating rights of song author.

Often commercial artists do require that you pay if you like to use their songs.

There are tons of free to use music, most are even better than major industry's canned crap, quite often these artists give you right to use their songs if their name shows in credits.

It would benefit everyone if people would stop violating copyrights in videos.

Even if music companies are not showing any interest now, it might be that in future they start to show interest and it does not matter if you have done video clip 2 or 3 years ago.
All kind of video clips start to be quite popular and as Youtube starts to be thing everyone knows it surely won't take too long when music companies and artists start to pay attention to game videos and music used in them, they surely would like to get paid from their work.

And as there is legal way to do it, why not use that?

Or is it like pirating Microsoft, because everyone does it and it is big bad company it is allowed? It still does not make it legal.

But do as you like, I still don't watch clips that has only music in them, engine is only music you need

Conrad, I did meant it to be more general question, as at least for me those songs would not be an option because I don't like to spend load of cash to music of LFS video clip if I ever do create one.
I've got several friends who play in bands. Most of the CDs they do under their own labels, no GEMA, STEMRA and stuff involved. I already asked the guys if I would be allowed to use their songs. The answer was mostly yes, if I put the band and song name somewhere. I can live with that, too bad though, that I don't own a rig fast enough to get some freeware screen capture stuff running...

greetz

der legal butz

Music for movies
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG