The online racing simulator
Hyper stimulator & LFS
(17 posts, started )
Hyper stimulator & LFS
Hi guys just wondering i play lfs every day and love it have now for over a year,

anyway was just wanting to know if anyone knows if LFS works on one of these > http://www.hyperstimulator.com/corporate/corporate_f1.html

i have 3 of them and wish to set them up to take around to the races here in australia.

and the first simulation game i could think of that would be great is LFS.

i still have to get new steering wheels for them the pedels are still in the cars. i need to setup 3 new computers to run the games and programes for the stimulators.

i have 3 projectors to go with them which also need to be setup with them.

my main question is will lfs be any good with them.
and if not what games should i get?

if it is lfs i will buy 3 more accounts off the devs only cause i know they work hard on this game..

thanks racemania...
#2 - aoun
I reckon it might, but the "FullMotionRacing" Simulator is more effective with LFS.

And come around to sydney lol ill verse ya :P.
#3 - (SaM)
Definately! LFS is one of the best if not the best simulator out there and as I heard from alot of people, they work very well with these types of simulators.
Actually, Intel did the exact same with an F1 body equiped with pedals, a wheel, speakers and a projector. They did it on a whole lot of events.

Hyper Stimulator sounds very wrong though..

Quote from (SaM) :Definately! LFS is one of the best if not the best simulator out there and as I heard from alot of people, they work very well with these types of simulators.
Actually, Intel did the exact same with an F1 body equiped with pedals, a wheel, speakers and a projector. They did it on a whole lot of events.

Hyper Stimulator sounds very wrong though..

thanks SaM yeah i think nothing gets as close to lfs dose in the way of phisics.

yeah i thought stimulation was a bit wrong too but they called it that cause you can feel every little bump in the road, in some games, thats what ive been told anyway.

im going over to set one up on wednesday with my pc to see how they run with the differant games i have.

i have installed at the moment LFS GTR2 V8 supercars 3 (toca 3) N4Scarbon and mostwanted.

i have lots of other games too but i cant remember them all at the moment.

once i do a test run ill let you all know how it runs..

thanks for your quick replys
#5 - (SaM)
Quote from (SaM) :

*I hate that game. =þ

nice lol

i like that pic is that LFS on the screens?
#8 - bbman
Yes, it's the booth of the Intel Racing Tour at the Games Convention in Leipzig earlier this year...
Second screen on the left (third car/stall) must be talented to make the sauber ballance like that!
Quote from racemania :Hi guys just wondering i play lfs every day and love it have now for over a year,

anyway was just wanting to know if anyone knows if LFS works on one of these > http://www.hyperstimulator.com/corporate/corporate_f1.html

i have 3 of them and wish to set them up to take around to the races here in australia.

and the first simulation game i could think of that would be great is LFS.

i still have to get new steering wheels for them the pedels are still in the cars. i need to setup 3 new computers to run the games and programes for the stimulators.

i have 3 projectors to go with them which also need to be setup with them.

my main question is will lfs be any good with them.
and if not what games should i get?

if it is lfs i will buy 3 more accounts off the devs only cause i know they work hard on this game..

thanks racemania...

This will work. As you have no motion though, it will sadden the experience a little. Maybe you could have a word with these guys. http://www.cyberseat.co.uk. See if you could incorporate there technology with yours. Would make a very realistic Simulator.

I have done some work for these guys, and so has TristanCliffe, and it does work very very well.

Best of luck

Fordie
hi again, thanks for the replys guys verry helpfull..

a question been a while since ive run a server, just want to know can i set up a server with just lan players for the stimulators or do they have to be online for play with a server.

a bit more detail of what i am setting up.

i have 3 of them, each will have its own computer hence buying 3 more s2 accounts, each computer will be linked up to a main computer so i can control which machines are in use, each one will be conected to a router through ethernet, and then directed to my computer.

if i can set up a lan play on a server what programes should i use or have to get. also is there a way to publish out data after a race, like best lap times?

thanks for all your help now i just hope it all works out

thanks racemania..

edit: do i have to ask the devs for permission to use the game in the simulators or if i buy 3 more accounts is it permitted to be used. as the stimulators will never go online with the s2 accounts unless we can find somone else who would wish to have a race everynow and then.
if i have to ask devs i will i just want to support LFS as much as i can and keep them feed :P

thanks
Quote from racemania :
edit: do i have to ask the devs for permission to use the game in the simulators or if i buy 3 more accounts is it permitted to be used. as the stimulators will never go online with the s2 accounts unless we can find somone else who would wish to have a race everynow and then.
if i have to ask devs i will i just want to support LFS as much as i can and keep them feed :P

thanks

if you are going to use the simulator for commercial use, then you have to get a commercial license... ask the devs directly on this via the contact form on the main website...
LFS is the best option for modern big single seater simulation. You could also look at nK (small single seaters), it has potential just flawed by fps issues. If you really want real tracks then there's GP4 or rFactor and the (appaling) ISI Sauber (I hear the F1 2005 mod is a lot better).

If you want historic single seaters then GPL/rFactor (79 mod) are both excelent.
If you want to use a LAN network game, no other program and no internet connection is needed. Just a router, a computer and LFS. You do however need an internet connection to unlock LFS.

Just go to Multiplayer and choose Start New Game.There you can select local to make it a LAN game.
You might want to open the port specified in that screen (default is 63392).

After a race is finished, the results (winning rank, best lap etc.) will show up automatically. If you don't see it after the race, press CTRL + TAB.

You are allowed to race with someone else on a LAN, unlocking one account on 2 computers, but you have 4 in total, so buying 2 more licenses is allowed for using all 4 simultaneously.
But I suggest buying 3 more licenses anyway for the ease of it, and allowing online abilities for everyone.
Quote from Chaos :if you are going to use the simulator for commercial use, then you have to get a commercial license... ask the devs directly on this via the contact form on the main website...

ok will do today thanks.

Quote from ajp71 :LFS is the best option for modern big single seater simulation. You could also look at nK (small single seaters), it has potential just flawed by fps issues. If you really want real tracks then there's GP4 or rFactor and the (appaling) ISI Sauber (I hear the F1 2005 mod is a lot better).
If you want historic single seaters then GPL/rFactor (79 mod) are both excelent.

yeah ive tried alot of other games before i brought lfs and i have never turned back since i got lfs.

i just think that the phisics are way better than any other game out there.
thanks

Quote from (SaM) :If you want to use a LAN network game, no other program and no internet connection is needed. Just a router, a computer and LFS. You do however need an internet connection to unlock LFS.

Just go to Multiplayer and choose Start New Game.There you can select local to make it a LAN game.
You might want to open the port specified in that screen (default is 63392).

After a race is finished, the results (winning rank, best lap etc.) will show up automatically. If you don't see it after the race, press CTRL + TAB.

You are allowed to race with someone else on a LAN, unlocking one account on 2 computers, but you have 4 in total, so buying 2 more licenses is allowed for using all 4 simultaneously.
But I suggest buying 3 more licenses anyway for the ease of it, and allowing online abilities for everyone.

ok thanks sam.
i think we will be looking at online races after a few months and when the interest picks up on the game.
then maybe ill load up a server and put them to the test against the good lfs drivers

i will ask the devs about it before i use it for comercial use and see if they are ok with it i know they proberly get asked lots of questions about stuff so i dont want to just go and ask them all this stuff with out the go ahead from the other partys involved with me and the stimulators.

i had a test with one machine yesterday and i find it better when you can see lfs in 100inchs of screen and big speakers to go with.

i thank you all verry much for your help and will let you all know how it runs and if i have any problems.
By posting here you've already contacted the devs actually, I'm sure one of them read it. The LFS community is one of the few that has developers so active in the community, well, 2 of 'em anyway.

But yeah, you should contact them formally.
ok just sent them an email with some questions and what i wish to use live for speed for. thanks for your help.

Hyper stimulator & LFS
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG