The online racing simulator
Mouse locks sometimes, help please
Hi, I'm having some problems with my mouse and I don't know if the problem is my machine or the game itself.

It happens that from time to time my mouse and keyboard lock and the car won't turn or accel/brake. I can't figure out the reason as it happens if I have other programs running in the background and without having them too. Also sometimes I have things running in the background and it doesn't happen, so I'm not sure if CPU ussage could be the reason.

Anyway I want to know if it happens to other people as well, because I just purchased the S2 and it didn't happen so much in demo, or ar least it didn't bug me so much. Now I want to run 30+ min league races and it's quite likely to happen this at least a couple of times in that time, and in that circumstances I will most likely crash, get out of the track, or even hit someone unintentionally.

Can anyone help me?
You are using windowed mode? Maybe you move your mouse out of the window?:P
Full screen.
Never had it happen with the mouse, that's weird, considering it's analogue.

However I had that back when I used to drive with keyboard, IIRC it was down to a cheap keyboard giving dodgy signals. It never affected typing, but swapping keyboards cured the problem.

Not sure if that will help in your case though.
Quote from Bob Smith :Never had it happen with the mouse, that's weird, considering it's analogue.

However I had that back when I used to drive with keyboard, IIRC it was down to a cheap keyboard giving dodgy signals. It never affected typing, but swapping keyboards cured the problem.

Not sure if that will help in your case though.

It could be the solution, as both mouse AND keyboard freeze. Luckily I have like 3 or 4 keyboards available to test it.
If swapping keyboards doesn't help, when it locks next, try turning numlock or caps lock on and off. If it doesn't work then its likely to be the whole machine locking up.
Bob it was the keyboard. As I said I'm lucky to have so many spare componentes at home. Thank you!
:laola:

Glad to help.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG