The online racing simulator
Nice racing guys

We definately need an English version of this so I can understand or maybe I should have paid more attention in German at school
Jaaaaaaa ich suche hubschen GIIIRLS jaaaaaaaaaaa...
Hahaha, gotta love German commercials. illepall
Well, I guess the most interesting part was when Jo spoke about the new update... SOUND IMPROVEMENTS! Featuring gear whine and better sounds overall... Hooray! :woohoo:

Great racing nonetheless...
lol dod crashs twice and lfs runs without problems on giga computers
#80 - d6nn
congrats pascal,. where could i get the replays?
#81 - SamH
Well guys, congratulations on an excellent broadcast! It was great to watch, even if I DIDN'T understand a word!

We (me, Becky, and a few others involved in the STCC) were watching along together and discussing the format in teamspeak. I think we concluded that there are fundamental differences in presentation format.

Where the STCC is geared (specifically designed, in fact), to promote the concept of sim racing as a spectator sport - the consequence of which is exposure for LFS - the LFS ESL functions as a very effective vehicle for attracting drivers to LFS. On that basis, well done guys. We all agreed that you guys put on a great show!
We had to change the format for the finals a bit and as consequence tried to find a mix between being nice for the drivers and fun to watch.

Personally, I agree that you need a spectator friendly format if you want to widen the audience.
Its also possible to increase the font size in lfs, at least in the chat

nice show, and congratz pascal
#84 - SamH
Quote from ORION :Its also possible to increase the font size in lfs, at least in the chat

:uglyhamme
Hello guys, sorry for the H, but I've been doing some administration for that racers too, so I had it on, to tell them what's going on and see what's going on, so that is all on my fault.

About NoobTV: Yes, I like the idea of it, but the possibilities in that TV-studio are limited, and I would have needed some second monitor or something for it. Besides that unfortunately some idiot was putting load on the LAN there, that's why some lag occured in the second race. frames were fine on my PC, so if you had some lag there it must have been the stream then.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the show, I think it was pretty damn good action on the track in both races.

P.S.: The two restarts in first race were because we are used to do one "LAG"-start, to see if all PCs are running fine, get all data etc. and the second one this time, was because one of the drivers had that bug, that it didnt load the setup/fuel.

The races were held on a LAN server, so no LFS-TV available and besides that it will never be available, if it is on TV, because of the legal side of things The rights for this series to broadcast are at GIGA, so if they broadcast, there's no LFS-TV

I sure know, that one could do a lot more with some leader board showing etc., but to be able to do that, you need simply a lot more persons in the studio, that know about LFS and racing at all. This is simply not the case with the GIGA guys. On the other hand, that's the compromises you take: Show it on some little stream, with maybe 1000 viewers and do all that neat stuff, or show it on TV and stream with a lot more viewers than LFS S2 license holders

Anyway, congratulations to Pascal, who is definitely the surprising winner of this, congrats to Nils for the best catching up races, I have seen of him by far, and congratulations to Daniel, who won this 3rd place with a great performance in SO on the fox. Good job, guys.!
I really liked the action in the first race, didnt catch much of the second one (had to do other stuff). The first race had surprisingly much action, considering there were only 10 cars on track. Was a good watch
#87 - troy
i missed to record it but some of the guys at the german lfs forum did
the problem there was that the stream was corrupted so i tried to save what i could and thats what came out:

http://www.bluepeer.be/index.p ... ue&id=2&file=9885

390mb wmv file 1h50 just click on "Zum Starten des Downloads hier klicken" to dl
I could probably develop a position ticker application which if run on a second PC could be used to overlay positions to the broadcast stream via a genlock - if Giga can do that?

Just trying to help, dont shoot me Wasn't suggesting it was wrong, only that you mentioned it wasn't possible.
@ Vykos - Can you describe the updated sound system a bit?
Thank You Troy, i'll download it ASAP ! =]
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :@ Vykos - Can you describe the updated sound system a bit?

He couldn't on TV, so I guess he can't here as well for the same reasons...

*cough*Betatesting Enclosure Agreement*cough*
Quote from bbman :He couldn't on TV, so I guess he can't here as well for the same reasons...

*cough*Betatesting Enclosure Agreement*cough*

Yeah I wondered about that. I never saw the video (yet) and I only speak English so I was under the impression that he was able to disclose a thing or two; having even mentioned it on TV. Oh well.
Well, all that was mentioned was a sound update, with at least added gearwhine.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG