The online racing simulator
iPod Question
(23 posts, started )
iPod Question
I was wondering if it was possible to clear everything off the ipod (title bar was modded) and make it look brand new without plugging it into the computer. I am having the problem that windows wont respond to it being plugged in and now I need to return it to apple before Christmas or I have to pay the whole iPod video! So is it possible to erace everything
I don't think it can be done without plugging it in, sorry.
yea i looked at both of them about 3 months ago still no luck
Does the ipod need a certain amount of mb to update? because could this be the problem :S
If your computer isn't responding to your ipod I would say find a friend's computer. I'm pretty sure there is no way to do a restore without the computer.
Did you buy yours christmas of last year? I bought mine same time my only problem was that it kept reseting. I took mine to my friends house and restored everything. Good luck
Once you sort it out don't bother buying a new Ipod, imo Ipod is overrated. I have an archos mp3 player/movie player/games player...its about the same size as a normal ipod and around the same price area. It has a 20gb drive which can hold pictures, movies, music, games and any other file.
can't delete whats on an ipod without plugging it in, no

and as for it not responding, close out of itunes, start it up, and try again, if it doesn't work again, let it sit, and keep watching it as you plug it in, take it out, plug it in, and repeat; if it turns on and its showing busy don't unplug, then your battery is to low and it is only charging, but not really "talking" to the computer, but rather charging so it can.. thats what your problem is probably
I've recovered my iPod from tons of issues just by loading it into disk mode.
Use instructions from the previous post
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I've recovered my iPod from tons of issues just by loading it into disk mode.

if im doing this right i put it into dosk mode then i plug it in? All that happens is the battery icon charges and stops, charges and then stops and no activity after that :cry:
Hmm, try using a USB-port at the back of the pc. I've heard that might solve the problem.

edit: And make sure your pc is running 'iPodservice.exe'.
Quote from hrtburnout :Hmm, try using a USB-port at the back of the pc. I've heard that might solve the problem.

edit: And make sure your pc is running 'iPodservice.exe'.

where can i find this said iPodservice.exe?
#15 - Jakg
Task Manager>Processes - should run on start up, if it isnt then look in the iTunes folder for "iPodservice.exe" and then make a shortcut to it in Start Menu>All Programs>Start Up
ok ipodservices.exe is on but no luck
edit: Never mind, didn't read your post.

edit2: My pc is running iTuneshelper.exe as well. I don't know what it does but meh.
I tried hooking it up to my friends usb drive but a popup uh popped up saying overload on usb drive ...
ok so I passed the warrenty (crap) and now I need a new mp3 (possibly mp4) device?

Any suggestions?

I was thinking about the Zune
Creative Zen Vision M,hands down.

And Zune is a waste of money.
I like Cowon's HDD MP3 player range myself, am awaiting for the big capacity X5 model (current have an X5 60GB). Not to everyone's taste but suits myself and people like me (ok, nobody's like me) perfectly.
Quote from Bob Smith :I like Cowon's HDD MP3 player range myself, am awaiting for the big capacity X5 model (current have an X5 60GB). Not to everyone's taste but suits myself and people like me (ok, nobody's like me) perfectly.

Agreed.

a friend borrowed me his X5 30GB for couple days for testing and I love it. It's GUI might not be all " SH1NY NU 8UTT0NZ" but that thing plays almost everthing.......
Plug it in (and in disk mode i think) go Control Panel > Administrative Tools > COmputer Management > Disk Management.

You should see it in there and you can format the drive from that (it will completly wipe it) and then use itunes to re-install the firmware.

BUT, that sorta process worked for my 1st gen Nano 2gb. Dno about a larger and different model ipod.

Look though google. I was personaly looking for a fix after podzilla failed and i wanted the original firmware back.

iPod Question
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG