The online racing simulator
lag problem :(
(21 posts, started )
i have a weard lag problem when playing lfs when i enter a sever i can race a few laps and then i start to lag every one stops on the track and all i see when i pass them is lag and then a number but if i leave the sever and then enter it agin i can race a few laps bafore i start to lag agin any one know whats going on? thanx
#2 - lucky
Ih have the sam problem since installing new patch. Lag usually gets worse (alnd leads to disconnection) if I go off the trac or even hit the barrires ...
Haven hat such problem sice very early pre S1 days ...
u know how to stop it? what internet provider u with and what connection speed u have?
#4 - lucky
Same ISP/connection since S1.
danbmx_69 I have recently encountered the same problem...

run a few laps then everyone else lags, track map stops. The only change I have made is to my adsl modem / router setup(Netcomm NB3) is set the IP filter > Security level from low to none(to port forward kia online gaming for xbox)

I have just changed back and rebooted modem. LFS seems to be working again. I'll do a race or 2 and see how it goes.
That worked! LFS working fine...

can anyone explain why this would make any difference??

and also explain why port fowarding sux - I can't seem to get it configured correctly
hornch i havent got a router all i have is a usb adsl modem i have AOL
#8 - lucky
Funny thing how i resolvedf my lag prob. I use a centrino notebook and when I disabled built-in WLAN and used PCMVCIA WLAN card lag dissapeared ... Weir, since everythnig was OK with the built-in WLAN for some time, then lag appeared ...
any one know why this is i still havent found the proplem can any one help this makes s2 suck cuz i cant race a full race
some one help i still havent found the problem
Hello
I have the same Problem.
yeah this problem sux what ISP u with yakalarsam
HI
My ISP is AOL

Yesterday all normal ?
No Lag's i have Tested over 2 Hours on 3 different Server.

I have logged it .
From time to time lfs.hosted.netline.net.uk
i can see him in the Routing Table

But when the Lag Problem occurence
lfs.hosted.netline.net.uk are not in the Routing table.

IMHO is this an Routing Problem.
I will test it with Traceroute

Regards
Yakalarsam
ok if u fix it let me know i am also on aol
Post any results here too please. I have started having this problem since about a week ago, its very annoying, and seems to be totally out-of-the-blue.

never had any probs with LFS S1 S2 etc before this..
I know theres problem with AOL in a few games I've played, seen a few people having problems. My personal opinion on AOL is i'd never use them, far to much problems I've heard from people. Have you tried opening the port for LFS ?

Keiran
i still havent solved it
I got a similar problem too:

-Everyone else freezes on the map, and can't see them on the track
-Occurs *only* on S2 registered servers, not on demo side even if full
-Even on low ping servers with a couple of ppl driving
-Seems to have happened recently for me, it was working fine for some time and with no changes to my system or connection as far as I can tell (not very far..).
-Didn't start happening after applying any particular patch
-Seems to happen at any time of the day

My ISP also has pathetic DNS servers, going down every few minutes (but LFS uses IP to connect I gather, since everyone can host..?)

It makes S2 racing on registered-side servers impossible, please could this issue be investigated or at least explained properly by someone in the know.. (dev perhaps )?
Bump!!!!
problem fix
because this game is verry demanding on the cup i bort a nice big cpu cooler and it dose the job and all my lag has gone

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG