The online racing simulator
Momo Racing Track feedback
(33 posts, started )
Quote from deggis :
I thought you were using that kind settings to fix wheel oscillation problems or something.

Well I had wheel oscillation problems when I first installed LFS, and those settings fixed them. I kept them that way because I didn't know any better. Now they're fixed and the road feel is even more fantastic than it was before.
To Greboth,
Of course you would feel bumps through the wheel, a percentage anyway, in any racing suspension.
As a mater of fact, that kind of wheel feedback is extremely important, to feel the road.
About vibrations, well those are engine enduced, and still reflect on the steering column in a lot of cases. Especially smaller cars, usually open wheel, where there is less dissipation of the vibration trough the chassis.

I have nice resulst with setting Control panel options at 80% FF, and then about 130% in LFS. This makes steering a bit harder, but in my opinion closer to track feeling.I cant yet comment on bumps, vibration etc, but Im a bit happier now.

Still think a few triggered FF effects should be added in S3, that would add to the experience.
Again, you get vibration moving through the chassis, into the steering column and from the steering column into the steering wheel. Again this is vibration. Vibration does not cause your wheel to spin back and forth. It causes your wheel to.... vibrate. Vibration is not occillation of the wheel. Unless you have vibration on the PC wheel controller, you cannot feel vibration on your force feedback wheel which only transfers forces acted on the wheels in a lateral direction to the force feedback.
Quote from AndroidXP :Unlike many other games, the FF in LFS is 100% derived from the rotational forces acting on the steering column through the front tyres. That means, only if the front tyres are twisted either left or right due to the physics calculations - only then you will feel it in the FF. If you drive straight over a bump, the wheel is not twisted to the side, and thus no FF is generated.

In real life, you will feel that bump through the car body, and through the wheel because it moves with the rest of the car. What does not happen is a rotation of the wheel, but a quick up/down bump - the catch is, rotation is the ONLY thing a FF wheel can do. Many other games fake these bumps by doing a quick left/right jerk, but Scawen has made the decision that he will not implement any faked FF effects, and I'm glad he did.

But I see I've been beaten by Vain

This is most unfortunate. And some of you should get off your high horse about "faked" FFB. What's fake is missing half the forces you would normally feel through the wheel and that are necessary when you are sitting in front of a PC screen with zero G forces to guide you.

The FFB that is in LFS is nice...they just need to add the rest of the missing elements to make it wonderful.
Quote from theblackrabbi :HEY THERE BOyS AND GIrLs........anyways try this I have the same wheel and it is a cool setting to try if you haven't tried it already....

go to the cfg. file in your lfs folder and find the

FF Steps 128 and change that to 256 and see how you like it....Other then that just go to the control pannel and crack that bitch up to 150% overall forcefeed back if you are not a girlyman.....I'm sure you can't say it's hard to feel stuff from there

Hmmmm, too bad mine is already set at 256...?
#31 - Jakg
It will be, Scawen made that the new default in one of the W-test patches iirc
Any prospect of the rest of the FFB being implemented?
The other thing that I do find "fake" in LFS is the visual effect of running over some rumble strips (the quite effective shaking sensation of the entire screen image) while feeling nothing through the FFB wheel. The visual andf the FFB should go together 100% of the time, but this is just part of the inconsistency in FFB with an iForce-based (Logitech and others) wheel.

Momo Racing Track feedback
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG