The online racing simulator
Strange line in middle of screen
This is generic to LFS before you ask, monitor is fine :] Basically, in full screen mode i have a strange line (about 4-5 pixels high, then from edge to edge horizontally) that appears smack bang in the middle of my screen while playing, the other big problem with this, is below this line, i cannot see the mouse, and can't fiddle with the car settings without some serious guesswork as to where the mouse is.

Only way around this at the moment is to leave LFS in windowed mode (which i'm not too keen on).

I have suspicions that this could be because of the SLI (i have dual 7600GT's) with the split frame rendering mode (though i thought this was vertical split rather than horizontal? :S), i have the SLI mode at the moment set to automatic.

It doesn't seem to screen shot but an example of this would be:

|-------------------| <- monitor edge
|
|
|
|-------------------| <- strange line
|
|
|
|-------------------| <- monitor edge

Sorry for the crudeness of the example, i'm at university at the moment :]

Starting to get on my nerves a bit, any help would be nice :]
Quote :I have suspicions that this could be because of the SLI (i have dual 7600GT's) with the split frame rendering mode (though i thought this was vertical split rather than horizontal? :S), i have the SLI mode at the moment set to automatic.

I run twin 7600GT's with no problems, but I use the drivers that came on disk as the ones on the nVidia site always seem to go wrong. With the CD drivers LFS runs fine.

I've no idea how to change SLi mode, or what that even is, I get the option to enable and I assume it works because it ruddy flies...
Uninstall VGA drivers, use nvCleaner to get everything cleaned out, then re-install.
Funnily enough my SLI didnt properly work till i got this new driver set (it was set to single GPU rendering and couldn't change it from this till the new driver set), but i didnt have this problem immediatly after installation, just seems to have appeared out of nowhere. Will have a go at uninstall.
you already tried another fresh copy of lfs?
iirc the split frame rendering doesnt work with all games and should be off by default
setting it to alternating frame rendering will probably solve your problem

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG