The online racing simulator
Windscreen Wipers
(16 posts, started )
#1 - aoun
Windscreen Wipers
Ok, this is one stupid suggestion, but it would be good when we have rain. When rain hits the windscreen windscreen, it stays there but the windscreen wipers, wipe them off .. DERR :P.

Also the same with rally racing, the dirt could go up on the glass, and the windscreen wipers could wipe them off.. .
Quote from aoun :Ok, this is one stupid suggestion, but it would be good when we have rain. When rain hits the windscreen windscreen, it stays there but the windscreen wipers, wipe them off .. DERR :P.

Also the same with rally racing, the dirt could go up on the glass, and the windscreen wipers could wipe them off.. .

I agree
This one has been suggested before and we're all assuming wipers will be added eventually.

But before that we need proper modelled windscreens and weather/dirt effects.

It's all in the pipeline, don't worry
I've never actually seen rain in LFS.

Am I missing something?
Nope, right now the only environment variable is time of day. Like I said, we need weather effects (which have been mentioned as an S3 feature already).
Quote from creativesurgeon :I've never actually seen rain in LFS.

Am I missing something?

yes just go to options > misc and click "weather = rain"
its great fun!
Aaaaah. Maybe I should read the posts properly before replying
#8 - aoun
My bad, sorry..

I ment IF we have rain . And i guess Dajmin is right..
Bloody hell, it does happen sometimes

But yes, not much point in wipers if there's no rain or dirt for them to move
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#10 - aoun
Hmmm, if this suggestion does ever pop into play in say s3, i would love to see fog from wind or whatever the hell fog pops up .
We'll probably get rain and wipers in lfs in about 5yr time, but by then the global warming will cause no rain fall and therefor having rain and wipers in the lfs will be unrealistic.
Quote from SkyNet :We'll probably get rain and wipers in lfs in about 5yr time, but by then the global warming will cause no rain fall and therefor having rain and wipers in the lfs will be unrealistic.

ROFL
#13 - aoun
LMAOO good one man!!
Heeheee. Simbin will pick up the reins then...
Wrong suggestion, some cars already have wipers. We just need functional wipers.
Nah, then they'll start making bugs splat against the windscreen like in RACE so we can use them. 'nuff said really.

Windscreen Wipers
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG