The online racing simulator
FXR to get a new engine?
(7 posts, started )
FXR to get a new engine?
Watching a clip of the IMSA Audi 90 GTO i think the FXR resembles it a bit. Not much by looks but by being AWD. FXR is also 'younger' i think. But still. 5 cyl 2.2/2.3 turbo engine? It could bring it closer to the FZR.

I was the one a while back that suggested anti lag system for the FXR and XRR. With the new engine maybe the FXR wouldn't need it but the XRR could still get it. Or a V6/I6 turbo of 2,5+ capacity.
They all have the same power outputs - what needs levelling up is simply replacing the FXR's engine with a 2.6-3 litre NA V6 and beefing up the torque, and twin-turbo the XRR to reduce the lag. All the power outputs are the same, but the torque figures are wildly different. Maybe take 10 kilos of the FXR to make it exactly the same weight as the FZR and XRR.
IMO the FXR should be heavier, being AWD, but to compensate it could be a bit mroe powerfull becvause more power is lost in those extra 2 differentials.
If FXR gets updated, the XRR should get something too. All the FXR/XRR need is more torque on low revs.

New engine? No need really
If the turbo spool timing problem was fixed, that would change the power delivery quite substantially. Accelerating out of a corner in 2nd gear in the FXR I don't hit full boost until I'm in 3rd gear. Which is just wrong, and a physics bugs that will hopefully get sorted in time. At that point the issue of engines can be debated, but not until.
Quote from Hyperactive :If FXR gets updated, the XRR should get something too. All the FXR/XRR need is more torque on low revs.

I.E. Twin turboing or anti-lag.

OT: Do real life WRC cars with antilag have a switch to disable it for turbo preservation?
#7 - amp88
Quote from duke_toaster :OT: Do real life WRC cars with antilag have a switch to disable it for turbo preservation?

Yes, it needs to be able to be de-activated on road sections.

FXR to get a new engine?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG