The online racing simulator
LfS Spectator 2.02 for S2 released
(68 posts, started )
Many thanks LuckyL for the great tool and thanks xaotik for the skin
would it be possible to get a version that does not include the smx files? I already have the smx files and 10 megs is rather hefty since im on 56k.
nvm i got it eventually :P

The tool is awesome and is pretty much exactly what i was going to write to learn delphi + opengl until i realised it was alot harder than i thought :P
Tomi:

I dont think i can do that, sorry. It's because, as far as i now, the track layout of Autocross tracks is not in smx files. And that's where the spectator takes the tracks from.
#30 - Tomi
Quote from LuckyL :Tomi:

I dont think i can do that, sorry. It's because, as far as i now, the track layout of Autocross tracks is not in smx files. And that's where the spectator takes the tracks from.

But don't you think it would be possible to just allow the viewers to load the layout file manually ? I mean, LFS Spectator would load both the smx and layout files and would overlay the corresponding objects over the track map using sprites or signs such as dots, X and circles, whatever, as long as viewers can figure the layout. English isn't my mother tongue, I don't know if I explain it well enough.
That would recquire reading .lyt files and I don't think those are documented somewhere currently.
#32 - Tomi
Quote from xaotik :That would recquire reading .lyt files and I don't think those are documented somewhere currently.

I just checked, they aren't
This is a great app !

One question, though: Must I specify a static ip to the host or may the InSim part resolve hostnames (i.e. host & domain names)?

EDIT: And, you should clash together with the creator of the LFS Server Script (and maybe Join2LFS?) so it may be easy to choose what host to watch, right from a webpage!!!
Do you plan new version with chatbox and player list suggestions realized?
This is a wicked tool, I wish it could be used to show positions on replays too it'd really help in the little video idea i've been playing with.
Will there be an update for the "T"-Patch of Live for Speed?
Cool
Can't load this, everytime I try just get an error "Floating point division by zero" error

This is version 2.02
When will be released the new version of this that support bf1?

I have noticed that are not much the servers that support insim relay.
Why scawen does not force all the server hosts to automatically activate it?
(without a separate subscription i mean, something in the dedicated server)
where the .exe file?!
#41 - Jakg
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :where the .exe file?!

tried looking in Release\LfS Spectator.exe?!
Quote from Jakg :tried looking in Release\LfS Spectator.exe?!

I thought the exe would be an icon like thing, but I found it
#43 - Jakg
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :I thought the exe would be an icon like thing, but I found it

no, suprisingly an .exe is a program, and a .ico is an icon

what im more confused about is that it DOES have an icon!
Quote from SpaceMarineITA :When will be released the new version of this that support bf1?

I have noticed that are not much the servers that support insim relay.
Why scawen does not force all the server hosts to automatically activate it?
(without a separate subscription i mean, something in the dedicated server)

Yeah this doesn't work for BF1 or new AS configs
#45 - VoiD
You rock
i have a problem, it just doesnt work, always times out

edit: just started working, cheers
how do you get all the races? I read the read-me but no luck...
You mean, spectate every server?

You cant, there are only some specific servers, you can watch.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :how do you get all the races? I read the read-me but no luck...

You can only see servers, which are connected with Insim Relay.

LfS Spectator 2.02 for S2 released
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG