The online racing simulator
new NKP circuits...
(76 posts, started )
new NKP circuits...
Maybe it's just me but of all the versions of Silverstone, in all the games I've got, NKP is the most....soul-less. Perhaps it's because I'm so disillusioned by NKP that I can no longer see any good in it.
#6 - ajp71
Quote from Doorman :Maybe it's just me but of all the versions of Silverstone, in all the games I've got, NKP is the most....soul-less. Perhaps it's because I'm so disillusioned by NKP that I can no longer see any good in it.

Yep the Monaco update looks the same way as Silverstone, soulless, not downloaded either. Odd because one of the things I liked about nK was the fact it did have some soul even on boring layouts.

For those with rF and want a better Silverstone look at the Silverstone 88 that's recently been released, the old circuit has some real soul
Looking at screenies of the Monaco one I think the 'soulless' problem is simply the complete absense of light mapping - everything seems to be full brightness.

Does it look this bad on all systems or was the screenshot system a heap of junk?
I've downloaded and installed it at home, but had to leave for work before I could give it a whirl. I suspect the soullessness is just because it's a quick conversion of a GP4 track (which I thought was banned by RSC, but apparently some people ARE allowed to release conversions of copyrighted material despite the announcment to the contrary).

Maybe it'll be awesome, but I suspect otherwise. The main saving grace will be the fragility of the cars - in nKP a knock on a wall really is likely to end your race!
I've tried it out but never completed a lap... the slightest touch of a wall bends or even knocks your wheel off :/. Now in real life I've seen plenty of F1 cars scuff the walls harder than I was and get away with it...

Graphics wise it's pretty poor, considering it's from GP4 which is about 4 years old. No attempt made to make better textures or anything, certinaly not of the quailty of nK Pros original tracks.
I think in their defence, they were painfully aware of the texture and lightshading shortcomings which prevented them, for so many months, in releasing the tracks earlier, despite enormous mounting pressure from the 8 of us that still play NKP .
I'm glad they finally released it and accept that it is probably still a WIP graphics-wise. I'd rather not have to wait a further 6 months.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
With all due respect, why are you guy talking about a direct business competitor of SCAVIER in forums that are owned and operated by SCAVIER?? I'm sure this "game" has its own forum.
Because this is the forum for the LFS community, and these threads are about how members of the LFS community see nKP. It's also fair to discuss the good and bad points of a sim in relation to LFS, and it seems sensible to use this forum for that too.
Quote from banshee56 :With all due respect, why are you guy talking about a direct business competitor of SCAVIER in forums that are owned and operated by SCAVIER?? I'm sure this "game" has its own forum.

Have you tried posting criticism or negative comments in the nKP forums yet?
#14 - Jakg
out of interest - do the nKP people still use RSC, or have they gone to another forum?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Well, depends on what you mean with "the nKP people". The developers are more on drivingitalia, because they mostly don't bother to post in English. The international "community" (if you can call a dozen people community) is still on RSC.
OMG TEH GIANT ORANGE MEN HAVE INVADED!1!1!

Haha, I wonder how that guy would fit in the cockpit
Quote from AndroidXP :Have you tried posting criticism or negative comments in the nKP forums yet?

I recommend not trying it :bananadea
Quote from AndroidXP :The international "community" (if you can call a dozen people community) is still on RSC.

actually it seems like theyve all gatheres on a league site called gpc (all 6 of them that is)
Quote from AndroidXP :Have you tried posting criticism or negative comments in the nKP forums yet?

The NkPro RSC administrator is an active member of the 8 man NkPro users group and (as he wouldn't know the meaning of the phrase 'conflict of interest'), has actively locked any negative NkPro threads.
Quote from Mark_Casey :The NkPro RSC administrator is an active member of the 8 man NkPro users group and (as he wouldn't know the meaning of the phrase 'conflict of interest'), has actively locked any negative NkPro threads.

so RSC is still the corrupt pile of shit it was 4 years ago?
Yes
#23 - DeKo
pretty much, me and some guy were arguing about rfactor cars sucking online (I.E. they skim along onto the grass and teleport onto the track. all the time.) but he refused to believe it, wrote about an essay flaming me saying LFS is bollocks because i dared to mention it saying that not all sims cars float all over the place, and the topic promptly got locked by some bawbag admin intent on locking something which dares to insult rfactor.
#24 - Jakg
yup, thats why i removed everything about LFS from my sig @ RSC, it just gives em ammo to shout "Yer but u iz an LFS fanboi troll"
Quote from banshee56 :With all due respect, why are you guy talking about a direct business competitor of SCAVIER in forums that are owned and operated by SCAVIER?? I'm sure this "game" has its own forum.

When i last looked, even an LFS Mod is allowed to play other games outside office hours [sshhh!]. There are some bits that NKP actually does very well, it's useful to have a constructive debate about the 'competition' here. Just cos I play LFS does not mean I don't enjoy other games, even a bit of CMcRae and RBR every now and then...oh, and GeneRally. There, i said it. I feel a huge burden of relief ebbing from my shoulders
It's ok to admit that LFS is not yet perfect, though I think NFSU...STFU type debates are hardly constructive.

new NKP circuits...
(76 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG