The online racing simulator
#1 - axus
WIP: LFS Training Layout (BL1 - GTi)
I am trying to develop a layout for blackwood that shows You the driving line, where to brake, turn in points etc.

These are the cone codes that indicate what you should be doing:

(Throtle / Brake Indicators)
Green (standing) - Full throtle
Yellow (standing) - Breaking point aproaching
Red pointer - Breaking point
Red (standing) - Keep breaking
Green pointer - Slowly apply throtle

(Racing line Indicators)
While (standing) - Turn in point aproaching
Blue pointer - Turn in now
Blue (standing) - Apex

So far, I have only done the layout for the first sector and would like some feedback...
The question for beginners:
Does it help?
The question for faster drivers:
Do I have the racing line right? Is it as close to the right line as it should be? If I have made mistakes, pleae point them out.

Please use a good setup for this. I will upload the one I use, courtesy of Fabio M.G., but race_1 should work fine. The layout and Fabio M.G.'s setup are attached.

Note: DEMO RACERS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THIS LAYOUT
Attached files
XF GTI_bl1_Fabio722.set - 132 B - 720 views
BL1_training.lyt - 1 KB - 954 views
#2 - Lible
Quote from Myself :Its pretty useless, because Demo players can`t use this(I think all of us are practised in BL2)

Ok sorry, i create autox layouts too. I`ts great beginning for newbyes, but i would like to see more autocross objects in devs lists.
Quote from Lible :Its pretty useless, because Demo players can`t use this(I think all of us are practised in BL?)

How about giving the guy who has spent their free time doing this some support, it takes time to put things like this together and I might be wrong, but they do say Demo Drivers will not be able to use this...

Well done on starting something like this, I will take a look at it in a second and leave some (hopefully) more positive feedback here late
Nice! I like your thinking, Like the different colours for the different sectors that go in to each braking point...

I would say perhaps an inch or two wider either side, but other than that, great work here...

Cant wait to see the finished product.
#5 - axus
Quote from mkinnov8 :Nice! I like your thinking, Like the different colours for the different sectors that go in to each braking point...

I would say perhaps an inch or two wider either side, but other than that, great work here...

Cant wait to see the finished product.

Thanks for some much more encouraging feedback! I will be working on it, and yes, I was thinking of making it a bit wider. Despite the fact that demo users will not be able to use it right now, perhaps I can ask the devs to include it as a training course. I can see no reason for them to refuse
#6 - axus
Updated version
This has the second sector done aswell, I expect the final product to be ready by the end of the week.
Attached files
BL1_training.lyt - 2.6 KB - 491 views
Hey!!! That's was my idea.. However i having idea only but you have already built nice demo-layout! My congratulations!!! I'll see your work, maybe something from my concept will be better, anyway good luck.

P.S. maybe you can start demoserver with this layout and name like "Driving School"??? It will be great!
#8 - axus
Demo users are currently unable to make use of this as it involves layouts and the demo does not support them.
sounds like a great idea..
Kudos are doing something like this, definately a useful addition to the LFS world.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG