The online racing simulator
17" videoseven fault.
(23 posts, started )
17" videoseven fault.
i got given this screen without a power supply i bought one for it but the screen isnt powering up

item is an example of what screen i have.
http://www.vtec.co.uk/product/1791_650.asp

i got the correct cable and plugged it all in and nothing not even power light on the screen there is power at the end of the power connector but the screen isnt doing anything. is there any electrition on here that could help me attempt to find the fault? its probably just a small component of some sort, if i knew and could find out how to find the fault i would have it repaired or may even attempt it myself if it looks easy enough. :doh:

Dave.
#2 - CSU1
Quote from daveb948576 :i got given this screen without a power supply i bought one for it but the screen isnt powering up

item is an example of what screen i have.
http://www.vtec.co.uk/product/1791_650.asp

i got the correct cable and plugged it all in and nothing not even power light on the screen there is power at the end of the power connector but the screen isnt doing anything. is there any electrition on here that could help me attempt to find the fault? its probably just a small component of some sort, if i knew and could find out how to find the fault i would have it repaired or may even attempt it myself if it looks easy enough. :doh:

Dave.

Ok , Im an electrician, and first off DO NOT OPEN the screen even if it's pluged out two hours, you'll kill yourself.
To begin where did you get it from?
the screen is open and plugged in and hey im not dead

my friend gave it to me he only lives a vouple of roads away he probably picked it up off the car boot or something.

actually no im dead now oh dear should i call for an ambulance?
#4 - CSU1
Quote from daveb948576 :the screen is open and plugged in and hey im not dead

my friend gave it to me he only lives a vouple of roads away he probably picked it up off the car boot or something.

actually no im dead now oh dear should i call for an ambulance?

really m8 dont touch anything in there if you have it plugged in!
Anyway I cant follow that link so what type of tv is it lcd or a normal one?
it is a tft i have it plugged it and my fingers have been all over it and i have even tested the bulbs that sit behind the glass they are ok.

[edit] i have been shocked by a crt before that hurt.... a lot lol.
#6 - CSU1
Quote from daveb948576 :it is a tft i have it plugged it and my fingers have been all over it and i have even tested the bulbs that sit behind the glass they are ok.

[edit] i have been shocked by a crt before that hurt.... a lot lol.

Ok unplug the tv, unplug any leads from the pcb and remove the pcb.
ok there out meaning there is two boards that are joined together via 8 pins. they are still connected and are infront of me.

does tft mean the same thing in your country ie tft is the same as an lcd im unsure?
#8 - CSU1
Quote from daveb948576 :ok there out meaning there is two boards that are joined together via 8 pins. they are still connected and are infront of me.

ok was there an internal power transformer in the screen itself?
Quote from CSU1 :ok was there an internal power transformer in the screen itself?

no that is external and tested for voltage at the connecter.

would you like me to post an image?
#10 - CSU1
Quote from daveb948576 :no that is external and tested for voltage at the connecter.

would you like me to post an image?

you may as well, but the only to fault find is to first look at the capacitors and resistors around the area where the power lead plucs in, checking if they are loose at the solder...i will go on when u do that...
Btw: what exactly is the spec on the power adaptor?
And a close up pic of where the power plugs in please?
on the power unit is.

input:AC100-240v 50/60hz
output: DC19v 3.5a
Attached images
Picture 12.jpg
#12 - CSU1
Are you sure that adaptor is off that screen ie: does it have a brand name on it?
i bought tha adaptor from america the company makes there own and said it would work.

the voltage the screen has on the back is this

DC INPUT: 19v 2.6A
#14 - CSU1
A close-up of where the power plugs in please?
#16 - CSU1
Quote from daveb948576 :pictures below

Ok dave it looks like there's a lot of heat damage done to the board around the power socket, which compenents have been done in I cant really see but the two small microchips are more than likely burnt to death.
I'd say what happened was someone pluged in a power adaptor that was too big and blew it, as you said none came with it.
Im afraid it doesnt look good m8 your only choice now is to hope that that microchip closest to the power-in is not dead, you can then crack out the multi testers.
Do you have testers?
i have a multimeter is that any good?
#18 - CSU1
Quote from daveb948576 :i have a multimeter is that any good?

the only hope you have is to try establish what compenents are dead, this could take hours even days dave and you might not even find a fault, if you where to bring it in to be fixed they probably would say the same! Heat damage might have blown a lot of them and at the same time those compenents are not the easyest to work with as they are so small,
I would say forget about it , but by all means try to see which of them is blown if you have a lot of time to spare!
an ideas where i would be able to just by two new boards for it?
#20 - CSU1
Quote from daveb948576 :an ideas where i would be able to just by two new boards for it?

Not a hope in hell m8, unless your very,very, very lucky to find on on ebay;
and if you ring the munufacturer for replacement ones the will no doubt charge an arm and a leg for them, lol probably cost you more after the hours on the phone trying to get some snotty tech head to send you one and p+p, so : in the bin I'd say: sorry I couldny help it is too badly damaged
if i could find a supplier of the parts or even the videoseven company i would send them an email but i cant find them

thanks for trying CSU1
#22 - CSU1
omg!!! Dave is being nice???
illepall lol do you feel ok Dave? You have a teperature or something lmao!!!
All we can do is try, No problem m8
dont push your luck :duck:

i found the videoseven website and sent an email...awaits response of it being cheaper to buy a new one.

17" videoseven fault.
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG