The online racing simulator
Race positions incorrect if cars dont complete full laps
Hey guys,

sorry if this is a repost, but i tried searching, and couldnt find anything on this.

What happens, you have a race in S2, and the whole race ur in 3rd place, but for example u get a lap down on the leader, when they finish the race, the next lap u cross finish line is when you finish too.
Now all of you will think, hey, it will just calculate how many laps u were down and put you in 3rd place......WRONG.

on the ODD occasion if im 3rd(or any position for that matter) and i finish the race doing only 5 out of the 6 laps, i dont finish 3rd, i finish 4th of 5th, and the people in front of me were actually behind me for the whole race. I even asked one of the guys who came 3rd and i came 4th, and he was like "i dunno" i was following you the whole time.

anyone else have this issue?
Did you have any penalty maybe? I've never experienced such a thing. Try to save a replay the next time that happens
#3 - ORION
replay?

why do you post a bug if you arent even sure who finished at all?

I guess you just didnt notice that he passed you, or a penalty, like AndriodXP said.
a penalty would mean DQ.........so no
Quote from roo-boy :a penalty would mean DQ.........so no

Not necessarily, time penalties are given too.
I thought time penalties would be hard to miss what with their big text on the screen, but I spotted a post in the U30 patch thread reporting a bug that was actually me giving a penalty... You havn't been racing STCC server by chance have you?

On the last lap position can report wrong, did somebod else pass you?

I've never experience positions being wrong in the final result, only when a car passes the finish line and it pops to 1st for a moment - which is an issue to do with LFS' node system that might get fixed when we get multi-route tracks - and on the last lap i've been shown as 3rd or something when i'm actually 4th, but in the final results i'm shown as 4th.
Quote from Becky Rose :I've never experience positions being wrong in the final result, only when a car passes the finish line and it pops to 1st for a moment - which is an issue to do with LFS' node system that might get fixed when we get multi-route tracks - and on the last lap i've been shown as 3rd or something when i'm actually 4th, but in the final results i'm shown as 4th.

Yeah, those issues are kind of annoying sometimes I would call those bugs if I hadn't known it will be fixed if we get multi-route tracks (whatever that may be ).

BTW, that second issue is only when one of the finishers disconnected / spectated / pitted after finishing, as far as I know.
And I think the same goes for the fastest lap display, when the one who actually did the fastest lap disconnects / spectates / pits.
Never suffered of that
#9 - Davo
I've only seen a question mark instead of the position show up, and then LFS notifies you of your final position.
I had a similar thing today,

I was coming from the back of the grid and in T1 the people at the
front wiped each other out.

I went up into 3rd position and the rest of the 6 lap race I spent
on my own, far behind number 2 and far ahead of number 4

Half way thru the race I suddenly notice I am not in 3rd position any more in the player list on the lower right hand side.

The guy now running 3rd was the same guy I passed in T1 and I am
sure because I had a friggin hard time to avoid him when those people
spun out together.

He went into the pits, a few times actually, during the race. Yet all of a sudden he was in 3rd position.

Even tho the player list had me on 4th position, the position indicater in
the top right hand corner still said I was 3rd.
Only after I finished the text in the top left said I came in 4th

I did not pass anyone and no one passed me the whole race, so there is no way he could have finished before me.

I thought it was a bit weird

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG