The online racing simulator
Improvement Suggestions
(47 posts, started )

Poll : Should we use polls for voting on improvement suggestions?

Yes
No
Quote from daveb948576 :i vote yes the more people that like the game the more it sells.

That just doesn't make sense. Why would people like the game more by just adding poles to the improvement suggestions?

I voted yes, because it shows how many people really want it, and that's the point of most suggestion threads anyway, but now it isn't clear what's wanted by the majority of people. Now all threads start to lean to one subject, not often of importance to the thread, and at the end of the day, you still don't know how many people like it or not.
if things happened to the game that people didnt like they wouldnt play it anymore
Quote from daveb948576 :whoops its possible for one single person to be able to vote more than once in this poll

Uh... nope...
You can set polls to accept multiple options, but there's no setting it to accept multiple votes from the same person, AFAIK - that sort of defies the purpose. If you found a way to bypass this, then perhaps you would like to report the bug to the vBulletin makers at Jelsoft.
Quote from daveb948576 :if things happened to the game that people didnt like they wouldnt play it anymore

+111111111
Quote from xaotik :Uh... nope...
You can set polls to accept multiple options, but there's no setting it to accept multiple votes from the same person, AFAIK - that sort of defies the purpose. If you found a way to bypass this, then perhaps you would like to report the bug to the vBulletin makers at Jelsoft.

my pc has no virus or hacking software i manage to vote twice for yes let me see if i can do it again. it was on 28 and went to thirty i will try and make it stop at 35

P.S. i made a poll two posts down see if you can vote more than once.

its now changed damm i should of got a screen shot.
Quote from daveb948576 :i manage to vote twice for yes let me see if i can do it again. it was on 28 and went to thirty

dave, the counter very likely went from 28 to 30 because while you were voting for the 29th "yes" someone else voted for the 30th. Don't panic.
im actually thinking that a poll should be used in every thread in the improvement suggestions and which ever gets the most yes answers in one week should get the improvement

BTW the voting bit about me voting twice i managed to hit the yes and the vote button twice. it wasnt someone elses doing. but im not going to loose any sleep over it.
#33 - JTbo
Quote from daveb948576 :im actually thinking that a poll should be used in every thread in the improvement suggestions and which ever gets the most yes answers in one week should get the improvement

BTW the voting bit about me voting twice i managed to hit the yes and the vote button twice. it wasnt someone elses doing. but im not going to loose any sleep over it.

It would certainly show public opinion to improvement suggestion if there would be poll in them

No, you can't vote twice, this software has protection against that as far as I know, as other forum software too it checks that from every user there is only one vote accepted, it would be dead easy to cheat it otherwise.
is there anyway of seeing which users have voted?

perhaps SamH could take a look.
We can see all, even what colour pants you put on today (or not, as in your case you shameless person)
No, you needed to make the poll public when you created the thread in order for names to be recorded.

Edit: uhm...
Quote from al heeley :We can see all, even what colour pants you put on today (or not, as in your case you shameless person)

so what happened then did i cream myself..errr.. hang on whats this you think i wear pants MUHHHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAA

so what happened did i vote twice?

edited oh duh who made this thread anyway oh yer the O.P :smacks head:
#38 - CSU1
Quote from daveb948576 :so what happened then did i cream myself..errr.. hang on whats this you think i wear pants MUHHHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAA

so what happened did i vote twice?

edited oh duh who made this thread anyway oh yer the O.P :smacks head:

:ices_rofl :gnasher: !!!!
Good idea IMO. I'd like to suggest the polls have 3 options though:

1) Yes
2) No
3) This has been suggested 1,000 times; use search. Flag this thread for deletion.
I'll wager, good sir, that at least 50% of new threads would be covered by option 3
If the outcome of the poll has basically no effect on anything, why there would be a need for the poll anyways?

What I'd like to see is that people would analyze their suggestions more deeply. Just saying that "I want NOS and SUVs in LFS" doesn't make it a good suggestion. If you had thought about it little further you would notice that LFS is not about engine tuning so NOS isn't really fundamental for it. Or that LFS is a racing simulator, not a driving simulator.
Quote from Hyperactive :If the outcome of the poll has basically no effect on anything, why there would be a need for the poll anyways?

To stop people spamming "+1"
Quote from Hyperactive :If the outcome of the poll has basically no effect on anything, why there would be a need for the poll anyways?

What I'd like to see is that people would analyze their suggestions more deeply. Just saying that "I want NOS and SUVs in LFS" doesn't make it a good suggestion. If you had thought about it little further you would notice that LFS is not about engine tuning so NOS isn't really fundamental for it. Or that LFS is a racing simulator, not a driving simulator.

You can race SUVs
Quote from sgt.flippy :You can race SUVs

Link? Prove? SUVs really? You can race offroad cars, but not SUVs.

Sorry for big text
Quote from Hyperactive :Link? Prove? SUVs really? You can race offroad cars, but not SUVs.

Sorry for big text

Okay, I can (no I can't, but admit, it would be nice to have SUVs)
Quote from Hyperactive :Link? Prove? SUVs really? You can race offroad cars, but not SUVs.

Sorry for big text

Can't race SUV's? You're definitely been stuck on tarmac for WAY too long.

Check for off-road races in Australia. Anything from Nissan Patrols to Toyota landcruisers to Mitsubishi Pajeros are raced off-road AT HIGH SPEEDS. All are just modified producion cars, and some classes are VERY restrictive on waht cahssis mods they can make (e.g. Class 7).
#47 - JTbo
Quote from Jamexing :Can't race SUV's? You're definitely been stuck on tarmac for WAY too long.

Check for off-road races in Australia. Anything from Nissan Patrols to Toyota landcruisers to Mitsubishi Pajeros are raced off-road AT HIGH SPEEDS. All are just modified producion cars, and some classes are VERY restrictive on waht cahssis mods they can make (e.g. Class 7).

Those are not SUVs, imo.

This is SUV

This is not

Improvement Suggestions
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG