The online racing simulator
InSim Relay client information (old)
(67 posts, closed, started )
ok, made those changes
Only now getting around to implementing this. I should probably wait until i queue requests up, but here goes one

Can we make IR_HLR use a ReqI for consistency? My API always returns a request id to the caller to use for checking incoming messages and since IR_HLR is a request, it would be nice if it fit into that paradigm

struct IR_HLR // HostList Request
{
byte Size; // 4
byte Type; // IRP_HLR
byte ReqI;
byte Sp1;
};

Also, can we have ReqI instead of Sp0 on IR_ERR. I guess that only partially works since you can send a IR_SEL without an ReqI.

thanks
This page is currently not available due to maintenance and will not be available for a couple of days.

Please try again at a later time.
Quote from sdether :Only now getting around to implementing this. I should probably wait until i queue requests up, but here goes one

Can we make IR_HLR use a ReqI for consistency? My API always returns a request id to the caller to use for checking incoming messages and since IR_HLR is a request, it would be nice if it fit into that paradigm

struct IR_HLR // HostList Request
{
byte Size; // 4
byte Type; // IRP_HLR
byte ReqI;
byte Sp1;
};

Also, can we have ReqI instead of Sp0 on IR_ERR. I guess that only partially works since you can send a IR_SEL without an ReqI.

thanks

Alright, that's done. IR_HOS packet(s) will return the ReqI given in IR_HLR and error packets contain the ReqI given in IR_SEL or otherwise 0. Documentation updated with this change.
BTW, I thought i saw that TINY NONE was a valid response now... I was connected to the LX server via the relay and was getting TINY NONE as keep-alive from the server, to which my API automatically response with TINY NONE. This results in an IR_ERR for me.

Also, would it be possible to let me set up a server and have you add it to the relay.. i want to make sure my lib does things properly and the easiest would be if i could syntesize action on the server to watch.

thanks
Quote from sdether :BTW, I thought i saw that TINY NONE was a valid response now... I was connected to the LX server via the relay and was getting TINY NONE as keep-alive from the server, to which my API automatically response with TINY NONE. This results in an IR_ERR for me.

Also, would it be possible to let me set up a server and have you add it to the relay.. i want to make sure my lib does things properly and the easiest would be if i could syntesize action on the server to watch.

thanks

Right, TINY_NONE is fixed.
To get your host on the test relay, just mail us on our regular email address. Send ip, insim port and adminpass.

EDIT - actually, just go to lfsworld's insim setup page - you have access to it.
Quote from Victor :actually, just go to lfsworld's insim setup page - you have access to it.

Ok did that.. However that didn't have slots for things like insim port and admin pass. I can email those if you need them.
right, you have now (i mean you can see the entry fields).
Victor,

I'm done with my testing and the relay seems to work as advertised. The only suggestion I would still have is adding ReqI for IR_ERR_PACKET2. Might help people debugging, although it's a design time thing really. Once you know that a packet is invalid, you shouldn't be sending it again or at least not be reacting to it at runtime.

Thanks!
I lied. There still is something after all... Ping and connection maintenance.

I get a TINY/NONE from the relay every ~20 seconds and reply to that with a TINY/NONE. Does that qualify for the connection maintenance?

And should ping's go through? Whether i'm connected to a host via the relay or just the relay, my ping packets seem to get swallowed.
Quote from sdether :I lied. There still is something after all... Ping and connection maintenance.

I get a TINY/NONE from the relay every ~20 seconds and reply to that with a TINY/NONE. Does that qualify for the connection maintenance?

yeps. That'll keep the connection alive (it's much the same as insim itself really)

Quote :
And should ping's go through? Whether i'm connected to a host via the relay or just the relay, my ping packets seem to get swallowed.

i just tried it. I connect to relay, then select a host. Then i send a ping packet and the relay relays it to the host which replies back. The relay sends this reply back to client.

And about the IR_ERR_PACKET2 ReqI : i send that now.
Quote from Victor :i just tried it. I connect to relay, then select a host. Then i send a ping packet and the relay relays it to the host which replies back. The relay sends this reply back to client.

Yeah, my bad. Broken in my lib. My Ping event was looking for a TINY/PING instead of a TINY/REPLY.

Great. I'm feature complete. Thanks!
Is the InSim relay working atm? I can connect and I'm getting keepalive requests but no IR_HOS at all.

EDIT: ok it DOES work, I can see both LX and sdether's hosts
yep, the it's running at the test location.
insim relay not enabled atm?

It says that its unavailable... Or is it that I dont have access?
A test relay is running, which is basically done and could go live. The problem is that there aren't any clients I know of that work with it atm, apart from sdether's lib. Which is not to say that would not be reason enough to put it live, but afaik the relay was most used for use with the spectator. And there's no working version of the spectator atm. So what it comes down to is that there's basically no use for the relay at the moment, which is why I'm not in a hurry to put it live.
ah right.

I never use a lib for my apps. I was planning on making a few things that use it, to make my life easier.

Any chance you could give me access to it? so i could develop a few things?

I am even tempted to develop a lib for it?
I have been waiting for the relay to be resurrected. I was going to test if the insim gateway which converts insim v4 to v3 could jump start the use of spectator until an insim v4 version could be created.

sdether's lib could go a long way in part 2, but at least if there was a relay service and the gateway worked as designed people could use the old spectator.
I'll try to package up 0.16b (with Relay support) of my lib today or tomorrow and release it. That way people can do some more testing against the test server before it goes live.
Quote from Krammeh :ah right.

I never use a lib for my apps. I was planning on making a few things that use it, to make my life easier.

Any chance you could give me access to it? so i could develop a few things?

I am even tempted to develop a lib for it?

anyone can connect to the test version. Just make your client connect to vic.lfs.net:47474 instead of lfs.net:47474

Additionally you have access to the insim relay setup page at lfsworld (so you can add a host if you'd want)
Quote from bdshan :I have been waiting for the relay to be resurrected. I was going to test if the insim gateway which converts insim v4 to v3 could jump start the use of spectator until an insim v4 version could be created.

sdether's lib could go a long way in part 2, but at least if there was a relay service and the gateway worked as designed people could use the old spectator.

same as for Krammeh - you can test right now. If you need access to the insim relay hosts setup page at lfsworld, let me know.
Quote from Victor :anyone can connect to the test version. Just make your client connect to vic.lfs.net:47474 instead of lfs.net:47474

Additionally you have access to the insim relay setup page at lfsworld (so you can add a host if you'd want)

I have added my host (one of anyway) and the status just sits at connecting. Anything I'm doing wrong?
gah, no, was my fault. I shut the relay down when i was having internet problems a little earlier. It's up again now though.
Great.

Please grant me access to the insim relay setup page at lfsworld so I can add on of my hosts.
done
This thread is closed

InSim Relay client information (old)
(67 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG