The online racing simulator
Anyone have a G80 yet?
(26 posts, started )
#1 - spoop
Anyone have a G80 yet?
I was wondering if any lucky bastard has a G80 yet so they can post screenshots of its amazing image quality @ 16xQ AA and 16x AF.
#2 - Jakg
erm... i can do 16x AA and 16x AF on my PC anyway...

But anyone that wants to send me a G80, and a new PSU then ill be grateful!

All i can do is drool over the pics of the cards im seeing - the Sharkle one is def the best looking!
illepall 300W only for the GPU?
#4 - Vain
The G80 takes 140W under gaming-conditions, some 80W in 2d-mode, and can't even consume more than 183W without lighting up.
(At least NVidia said so.)

Vain
Phew

I thought those guys were getting crazy
#6 - spoop
Quote from Jakg :erm... i can do 16x AA and 16x AF on my PC anyway...

But anyone that wants to send me a G80, and a new PSU then ill be grateful!

All i can do is drool over the pics of the cards im seeing - the Sharkle one is def the best looking!

Oh but wait until you see the image quality on these cards vs. the current cards :headbang:
#7 - ORION
G80 takes as much W as the current ATI cards, just prolly 2 or 3 times the fps :P
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#8 - Jakg
Yes it is, its very quick, very long (13 inches!) and very power hungry!
I thought it might be a new wheel, 3.2 times better than the G25!!
And very expensive!
Quote from Jakg :Yes it is, its very quick, very long (13 inches!) and very power hungry!

No it isn't. It uses less power then my X1900XTX, yet in some cases has over 90% more speed.
#12 - DeKo
i cant see it having better image quality though, unless Nvidia have fixed it, which i doubt. im sticking with my 512 x1900XTX for a while yet.
#13 - Jakg
Yup - it will only give better image quality if using the same drivers when it's doing something DX10 only
Well, even the last generation was better than ATI, the image quality just sucked. G80 image quality is the best one ever, at least the testers say so
Quote from ORION :Well, even the last generation was better than ATI

not really ... the latest ati gen has far superior af than the g70
Yeah, the image quality on these is superior to ati's now, period. That's why I wanted to see some screenies.
Ooh hooo hoo! Thats dam good IQ.

Still it can't fold at anywhere near ATis X1900XTX apparently, so nvidia loose my money.

*Unless the situation changes*
Quote from Concorde Rules :Ooh hooo hoo! Thats dam good IQ.

Still it can't fold at anywhere near ATis X1900XTX apparently, so nvidia loose my money.

*Unless the situation changes*

[O/T] Is that concorde airworthy?
Quote from Leifde :[O/T] Is that concorde airworthy?

LOL!

'Fraid not, if we put engines in the wings would either snap off. Or the wings would come apart from the fuselage as its accelerating down the runway (thats if we can replace every wire, bolt, panel, pump, pipe, etc

No Concorde will ever fly again. Period. Unless lots, and I mean lots of money is given to F-WTSD (British ones are a no hope really - BA doesn't want them flying and thats fair enough). We're taking about £500k to get it out of the building its in. Then another £20 mill to get all the parts and labor together, then another £10 mill to get it certified again. Then £10 mill year to keep it flying.

Best we can really do is get all of them under cover with teams of people looking after them. F-WTSD is looked after by Ex-Concorde engineers and G-BBDG is looked after by us. The rest of the fleet by Airbus engineers/volunteers.

-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :How many of you here who are plugging the superior image quality on this thing have budget monitors sitting on your desks?

only until i get my fw900 working again

besides texture flickering is visible on a tft just as well as on a crt
I wonder whether Microsoft are counting on people buying Vista for their new shiny laptops? If yes, I'd like to know how they're going to fit a DX10 card like this into 'em...
Does it matter? Who seriously buys a laptop for gaming?
I agree, laptops for gaming is stupid, so don't complain when you can't

Anyone have a G80 yet?
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG