The online racing simulator
Endurance
(7 posts, started )
Endurance
Hi all, I don't post much here but do keep checking the forum every now and then and I have done a search so please forgive me if this has been brought up before.

Me and my bro were just doing some laps and wondered what it would be like to take part in an endurance race. I mean we never have been in a race where changing tyres and tyre/fuel strategies have come into play, or not had to worry about the odd cock up knowing you've got more than 2 laps to make it up (as most pubby online servers have such short races).

All the leagues etc. I have looked at seem so complicated, it's hard to understand how to apply or get into them.

Does anyone know of any servers where you can turn up and qualify for such a race? With real organisation?

I'm not the fastest racer, I can keep in contention and capitalize on mistakes of those bloddy FZR's in my FXR but I like to think I race fair and yeild when I'm outbraked, and will back off rather then take both of us out in a battle, preffering to (or at least try) get my revenge in the next series of corners Even if there were two or more races with racers grouped together by times to ensure close racing?

I hope something like this exists, and someone can point me in the right direction.

Oh, and long live LFS!
Hmmmm...the Chops Sunday Cup races kinda fit that description.

You just go to there server sunday nights, qualify and race. There's no pints chase but they put the results on their site.

Next race is LX6, 20 laps of Aston North.
The 360 league are long races for 1 driver events. Although mostly oval, the next race is South City Classic. http://www.360degree.tk Typically events are about 3 hours.

For team events I think you need to look at Masters of Endurance, but they have an entry criteria I understand is based upon reputation, but I think they run a junior league to earn that reputation in - forgive me if I have that wrong, I dont personally drive it.

A lot of the leagues that used to run races of pit stop length now dont because since patch T tyre wear suddenly isnt an issue and soft tyres last 2 fuel tanks in some cars, OWRL (which race single seater) for instance now has made their events two short races because extended them to be long enough for variable strategies was just too long.
Quote from Ben-Pepito :Hmmmm...the Chops Sunday Cup races kinda fit that description.

You just go to there server sunday nights, qualify and race. There's no pints chase but they put the results on their site.

Next race is LX6, 20 laps of Aston North.

I tried to catch that CHOPS race last Sunday. But I got the time all messed up. It was not at 8:30pm Eastern time. When was it?
It was 8:30 eastern. There was an issue with lag so he server was shut down for 5 minutes while that was dealt with. You propabply looked for it at that point or something.
How much is that on GMT?

And is the race with LX6 @ Aston North Reverse?
Their homepage is pretty confusing it says Formula V8 Sunday Cup Pre-Race and LX6 and LX4 are pictured?
http://www.chadseipdesign.com/chops/
ATC 60 lap GP is a good one...not that i am baised

Its usually in the XFR, the time it takes depends on the track because the number of laps doesn't change.

Just look in the Leagues/Events forum for info.

Endurance
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG