The online racing simulator
#1 - nikka
"Accept list" on private servers
Hi!

Just a small suggestion for private servers:
You (as admin) could somehow define the users who are accepted, and these users can log into that server without using a password.

This would be very useful when arranging races, because instead of emailing (or whatever) the password to every racer, you can just add those who signed up for the race to the "accept list", and they dont need a password to log in.
(This would of course not apply to demo servers since there is no such thing as user names there)

Hope this made any sence since my brain already went to bed (and my fingers are just about to join it, don't worry ).
#2 - X-Ter
You mean like a "reversed ban list" or something? I think I'd like that
#3 - Lible
Damn cool idea
Yeah, this would be handy indeed for leaugues
#5 - Renku
Sounds cool .
Yeah I suppose that would remove one complication of private servers.

Edit: Ha, beat Tristan to a thread
I like this idea! Sounds great.
#8 - HASTA
It's a hard work to publish a password for a private server every time when the password changes. An access list is the answer. Could be an admin command like "/allow s2registered_nickname". Also a command "/dissallow s2registered_nickname" to disable this user's access. It's better then to lock the server as private by a password.

It could be very useful for clubs, teams, events, tournaments,...
A better implementation would be to have a simple text file with a list of user names in it. On startup, the file could be loaded by the server, or loaded using a /allowlist filename.txt command. It would be much easier for editing and much faster for reloading if you had a server go down.
#10 - Vesa
Excellent idea, definately good for leagues.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG