The online racing simulator
Driver Change - Times not shown [P/Q version - now fixed]
In the recent 12hours race several teams had the following problem:

Cause there arent enough places for spectators on the server ( ), the new driver joins the server shortly b4 he takes over the car. When he sits in the car, he just sees always when there is a splittime: "Riding with [my own name]". No laptimes are shown in top right corner, no gaps are shown in the positions list. So basically we are blind then.

I dont know why this happened, but it happened to pretty much every team taking part. No matter, if the new driver was already once in the race or not. It seems to have some connection to joining the server during the race...
#2 - P1lot
Yes, this made it awkward to know how we were doing.
It was OK for those that started the race, seemed to happen after a driver change.
For those of us not as good as Vykos that got trapped in the sand (i.e. me), it was necessary to pit and rejoin, where the split-times would show again, until next driver change.
#3 - Ramla
Unless this 'feature' I'm talking about has been fixed since S1, this might have something to do with the fact that if you join the server midrace, you can only see the drivers' current lap time, and no best laptine even if they had driven full laps already. Then when the race finishes you see the finish time on the results and it's correct but the best laps are only chosen among those laps that your client has witnessed after you joined the game, and not the real times.

You can still see times in this case, maybe it gets totally messed up only by driver change.
#4 - ORION
There is another bug in the replay from this race (this file: http://www.ocrana.com/index.ph ... ategory&filecatid=149)

The time differences to the other racers are wrong, because after someone has taken over from another driver, it calculates the time difference beginning at 0 again, so after 1 hour of racing, it says that the new driver is 1 hour behind the one in front of him.
But the position calculation is correct.
Quote from P1lot :Yes, this made it awkward to know how we were doing.
It was OK for those that started the race, seemed to happen after a driver change.
For those of us not as good as Vykos that got trapped in the sand (i.e. me), it was necessary to pit and rejoin, where the split-times would show again, until next driver change.

You actually point to the reason of the bug: Cause the times of the cars, when you join a server, are only updated at splittimes and finished laps AND we joined the server right AFTER last split and then tookover car right BEFORE S/F, the times on our client didnt get updated and then we had this resulting prob. Well this could be the reason
Bumb. (sorry)

This really needs to be fixed. Today I ran my first endurance with driver changes, and didnt knew there was a bug like this. And because of that let one driver to pass too easily because I thought he was lap behind and would hurt my position that much. Really really important bug to fix.
#7 - ORION
And you havent had a dosconnect?
Quote from ORION :And you havent had a dosconnect?

I disconnected to make room. We should have the split times after the driver has changed. Its har to drive withjout them because you dont know where is everybody, are they laps down allready behind you or not. I read the first post too quicky and didnt see all that other stuff mentioned which doesnt appear to me and didnt really explain which of the bugs I meant, sorry

Maybe this should ne on improvment suggestions forums. Because you think this is just normal.
#9 - ORION
AH sorry, I meant: Have you had a disconnect while racing?
Quote from ORION :AH sorry, I meant: Have you had a disconnect while racing?

I disconnected from server yes.
He means, if you (or another member of your team) timed out while you (or any other member of your team) were driving. Not after a driver swap.
No.
Well that was all fixed in version S, so if you have found another bug or a new way to reproduce it, I will need a very good description of it, in a new thread to avoid confusion. I'll close this one now.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG