The online racing simulator
Ideas on how to get beer from Canada to Venezuela on a plane?
I'm flying from Canada to Venezuela and I'd like to bring some Canadian beer down for my cousins. I won't be able to carry it on and if I pack it in luggage I risk it being broken or frozen and exploded.

I am thinking about putting each beer bottle/can into 3 or 4 succesive socks, then placing them into an insulated container or some sort.

Has anyone got any MacGyver ideas to help me out?

speedfreak227
You can put them in under the plane baggage, risk of freezing is slim to none, all you have to do is make sure it's well padded and none of the bottles will break. And if you place it in and airtight container, or baggie, if it does break no beer flavoured clothing.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Just drink the beer and pee it out when you arrive! ok or not, erm... ask if u can bring it in as hand luggage?
#5 - CSU1
When you arrive, drop off your bags,walk to the nearest supermarket,place your hands on a 6-pack of Canaidian's finest, pay the girl, situation solvedillepall
We freezed water in plastic bottles, they haven't exploded ever, unlike steel/aluminum cans.
Quote from detail :We freezed water in plastic bottles, they haven't exploded ever.

Beer comes in glass bottles, they have a habbit of exploding when frozen.
#8 - CSU1
Quote from detail :We freezed water in plastic bottles, they haven't exploded ever.

Top marks Einstein, good observationillepall you do know why that is don't you?
@pshycoman, don't tell me you can't get Moosehead in Venezuela
#9 - ZORER
Beer? Bring'em something harder.And it'll be easier to carry.
#10 - CSU1
Quote from ZORER :Beer? Bring'em something harder.And it'll be easier to carry.

What like Smack, heroin, hashish or somethingillepall
Quote from CSU1 :Top marks Einstein, good observationillepall you do know why that is don't you?

Top marks Einstein? Nice to meet you, my name is Dmitri. I don't understand your prelibate language, sorry.

@speedfreak227: pour it into plastic bottles and don't worry.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Beer comes in glass bottles, they have a habbit of exploding when frozen.

Then he should open them and pour the beer into plastic. What's the problem?
Beer, in plastic? What are you a school boy?

"I sneaked my daddys beer into school in a cola bottle, hehehe"
#14 - CSU1
Really though, what I would do is send a crate of bottles of Moosey in a box PACKED TO THE BRIM with packing, bubble-wrap and newspaper and send it first class on ahead of you/or bring it on the plane.Easy , though it probably cost you €15-25 to send post or on palne
Quote from CSU1 :Really though, what I would do is send a crate of bottles of Moosey in a box PACKED TO THE BRIM with packing, bubble-wrap and newspaper and send it first class on ahead of you/or bring it on the plane.Easy , though it probably cost you €15-25 to send post or on palne

Only drawback with this is that because of the countries involved there would be customs paperwork to be done, and clearance at the other end to go through.

We have it easy sending from one EU country to another.

I would just pack them in the hold luggage, put them in a bin liner or similar and pad around them with plenty of socks etc
@CSU1, when you send me some cheese, send me some beer too. thanks! much appreciated hehehe
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Beer, in plastic? What are you a school boy?
"I sneaked my daddys beer into school in a cola bottle, hehehe"

Plastic is practical. If you want to transport the liquid, then your choice is plastic. If you want to bring the package, I can't help you.

Also note the flag at my nickname and think. Here plastic bottles are not a sign of good/bad beer. Pretentious beer - yes, it is sold in glass. For everyone else the question is not the bottle, but how you drink it then: bocal, plastic glass or right from the bottle. Good beer (without conservants, etc.) is unlikely to be sold in bottles at all.
#18 - CSU1
Quote from detail :Plastic is practical. If you want to transport the liquid, then your choice is plastic. If you want to bring the package, I can't help you.

Also note the flag at my nickname and think. Here plastic bottles are not a sign of good/bad beer. Pretentious beer - yes, it is sold in glass. Good beer (without conservants, etc.) is unlikely to be sold in bottles at all.

After transfering the beer from the glass bottle,the liquid absorbs a LOT of air,so when you close the cap on the bottle, put in a cold envoirment @ 10,000 feet the gas and air kicks in ~~~BOOM~~~ much quicker than if it where in the origional glass bottle
@ jamesroe >lmao!! I owe two people cheese now
Quote from CSU1 :

After transfering the beer from the glass bottle,the liquid absorbs a LOT of air,so when you close the cap on the bottle, put in a cold envoirment @ 10,000 feet the gas and air kicks in ~~~BOOM~~~ much quicker than if it where in the origional glass bottle
@ jamesroe >lmao!! I owe two people cheese now

Well, sounds reasonable, but plastic is very durable. You can fill a bottle with water completely (there will be no compression) and jump on it, and it will not break in any place. It needs very much pressure to break up, much more than it is there, even at 38,000ft (0,75 bar + a bit of the beer). Just leave more air for any case.

Anyway, I would really want to take a beer in a distant place if it were special, produced only in my city/region. Then the package doesn't matter, I want to bring a taste, not a glass bottle, nor a trademark.
Quote from detail :Plastic is practical. If you want to transport the liquid, then your choice is plastic. If you want to bring the package, I can't help you.

Also note the flag at my nickname and think. Here plastic bottles are not a sign of good/bad beer. Pretentious beer - yes, it is sold in glass. For everyone else the question is not the bottle, but how you drink it then: bocal, plastic glass or right from the bottle. Good beer (without conservants, etc.) is unlikely to be sold in bottles at all.

The only alchol I've ever seen in plastic bottles is the stuff you find in airports which is lighter then the same in glass bottles, so you can pack more and stay under the weight limit.

But I've been sent beer in glass by plane, I've been sent other drinks in glass by plane, I've brought back bottles of beer and other such niceties in glass bottles from holidays by plane. None of them blew up or got damaged (which is amazing when you look at how baggies handle the luggage), I just put the bottles in socks, then wraped them in towels and padded them inbetween a layer of clothing (how I pack clothing helps too, roll, don't fold, you get more clothing in your bag, it isn't creased on the other side, and makes great padding).
@P5YcHoM4N: Ok, I understand your idea.
best way is wrap them in towals or socks
Get a insulated bag put the cans in and put something warm in as well so should hopefully keep them grom freezing then just put in the fridge at the other end
think twice perhaps about air-tight containers ,

pressure does still increase slightly during flight , it could lead to popping open , only the container mind.

Calum
Quote from CSU1 :What like Smack, heroin, hashish or somethingillepall

ha ha..you cheese-man.
-
(Captain Slow) DELETED by Captain Slow

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG