The online racing simulator
Pit board when crossing finish line
The new patch 's shift f feature made me think i would like to see a pit board apearing for 5 seconds with essential (for me) informations like : -position
-lap time
-laps left
-car info

see attached image and comment please.
Attached images
pitboard.jpg
#2 - Gunn
I'd like a pit board too, but not as a HUD, hanging over the pit wall would be a nice way to have it.
I still think the GPL pitboard rules...it zooms out of the pitguy's hand, sits in the corner of your screen (as above) for a few seconds, showing your position, lap and gaps ahead and behind, then zooms back into his hand as you pass him.
But in my case, he's a she...
Attached images
jh_pitboard.jpg
Quote from Gunn :I'd like a pit board too, but not as a HUD, hanging over the pit wall would be a nice way to have it.

Agreed. I'd like to have it as realistic as possible, though it may have to be a bit oversized from real life because of the limitations of monitor resolutions.
Quote from ldriver :The new patch 's shift f feature

It isn't very new, is it?

Or did I miss something newer?
#7 - ajp71
Quote from BlakjeKaas :It isn't very new, is it?

Or did I miss something newer?

Blue/Yellow flag messages now show in shift + F
Quote from ajp71 :Blue/Yellow flag messages now show in shift + F

I love that new feature, I've been waiting ages for it!!!

About pitboards, have you tried netKar? Pitboards are shown like in real life and they are not that hard to see
I will try netkar when their U28 patch will be out

(who said never then)
I'd like that too!
+1
#12 - Woz

YAY, didnt realise that one. Yep a pitdoard would be good but that can wait until flags are done ar the track side and then the pit board should also be at the track side
Quote from Gunn :I'd like a pit board too, but not as a HUD, hanging over the pit wall would be a nice way to have it.

Yea that would be very nice but you have to think of also when people are crossing the line and they are like 1 right after anorther then you will see loads of pitboards and you won't know which is yours.

so what it could be is like you could press a button on the keyboard for when you want to view your pitboard and it will say your name at the top of the board and you can pick a colour you want it to be?
#14 - Gunn
Quote from spacedeck :Yea that would be very nice but you have to think of also when people are crossing the line and they are like 1 right after anorther then you will see loads of pitboards and you won't know which is yours.

so what it could be is like you could press a button on the keyboard for when you want to view your pitboard and it will say your name at the top of the board and you can pick a colour you want it to be?

Real life racing is like this (pit board hard to see). Drivers sometimes miss the pit board. I would rather have it difficult to see than have it looking arcade.
I agree...I'd like to see the HUD gone with time. It's much more immersive. +1

Ok!

that's a very good update...

+1.
I'd like to have the option for either hud or pitboard - realistic

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG