The online racing simulator
Non-Native English Speakers
(58 posts, started )

Poll : How easy is it for you to participate in an English-language forum?

I am fluent, communication in English is easy for me.
I can read others' posts OK, but sometimes it's hard to express myself in English.
I sometimes have to look up technical words or unusual words.
I am English but my language is atrocious and an embarrassment to the nation.
I don't like English, I wish I could post in my own language.
#51 - mr_x
My last name is English... But being a Geordie with the accent people don't believe me sometimes. :P

Also, I'm sometimes rubbish at grammar and spelling
Quote from CSU1 :Yes, there are a lot of good English speaking little sim people's around here, but the part I find most amusing is the difference in the way different people use slang or the way another might think they are talking about something else lol' like that Canadian guy who has "I LOVE THE RING" plastered all over his avetar lmao

Okay, would someone please explain why this is funny? I don't get it, other than maybe a reference to the birth control method.
:d
I too am very impressed on how fluently folks from all over the world speak/type English.

About the slang... The other Americans can join me here in that it is very funny to hear someone from the UK state they need a fag break, LOL. A fag is quite different over here than in the UK .
Quote from mrodgers :A fag is quite different over here than in the UK .

not as much as you might think ... after all you put both in your mouth
I´d say it´s options 2 and 3 combined for me
#57 - JJ72
Mastering the language itself is easy compared to mastering english humour. And I think it's the forum that teaches me the most in that regard.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I see you're from Country Of Indeterminate Origin these days, like myself and Hankstar and others - but aren't you a Greek native? I seem to remember that was your flag before.

Yeah, I am. For a brief period of time I had set it to the greek flag - it was part of some gag I think (go patriot me :P), I forget now - but before that it was the glorious CoIO flag once more. National branding doesn't appeal.

Quote from thisnameistaken :Yeah. I'm more comfortable picking on my own compatriots than I am foreign nationals. You especially have to watch what you say to the americans these days.

Tell me about it - around here if I say "have a nice day" in a sing-song, ideal department store droid voice to an american (we get alot of GIs due to some .mil and NATO bases) they think I'm being sarcastic; which I am, but still that goes to show...

Non-Native English Speakers
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG