The online racing simulator
Michael Schumacher leaves F1
(33 posts, started )
I guess many threads may pop up here on this argument, but i needed to say this:

THANKS MICHAEL!!

You've been the best F1 champion, you leave unluckily beaten, but you've demonstrated you still are the reference for every other pilot in race with you.

Now the question is.. how long will you stay away from racing cars?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I never liked him when he was winning all the championships and not letting other people have any but hey, i'll miss him. F1 won't be the same without the red rocket car in everyones rear view mirror.
It's the end of an era in F1. Schuey probably would have won this race if it wasn't for a particular bit of carbon fibre and a tyre.

Without Schumacher and Ross Brawn, I would imagine Ferrari to be a midfield team next year - even with Räikkönen. (Copied and pasted from WP for the umlauts lol).
#4 - herki
I don't like him as a person, but as a driver he's pretty good, you could see that at today's manoeuvre vs Kimi. But I doubt F1 will get too boring, Michael wasn't making more spectacular stuff than the rest of the field
I would have wanted him to win his last race. I would have wanted him to win one more championship. Unluckily, Alonso did.
Good Bye Michael!
It was a real pleassure to see you racing today like this!
I´m sure, that many of you there have seen the formula 1 race from brazil today!
As it was mentined a time ago, this race would be the last one of M. Schumacher! Today again he proved to the world that he is one of the best f. 1 racers ever! From the last posituion due to a tyre blow-out he gained position after position to end at forth place. Great work!
I´m shure that it will take long time to see another good racer like him and the Formula 1 will loose a grat bit of its flair without him. For that i give him an honest good bye!

Camillo
#7 - herki
i was still happy, even if he lost, he went out like a champion.
Yeah but I think it would have been better if he went out AS a champion.
erm you might want to edit your post quickly to avoid people getting pissed off at you for ruining there GP they haven't seen yet... You do realise some people have to watch delayed coverages etc...
#12 - JJ72
I don't think he needed another championship to be honest.

Problem is Alonso shouldn't get another one
well, next year will be Kimis year, so Alonso is done.
Quote from Rappa Z :well, next year will be Kimis year, so Alonso is done.

Is it?

The last two races the Ferrari's have had one engine failure, a gearbox problem and a fuel pressure related problem.

Something gives me a bad feeling about next year from Kimi's point of view, knowing his luck McLaren will be the team to be in
Next year the issues will be 2: McLaren consistency and Kimi. If Mclaren will force Alonso to retire as much as kimi got in these years, it will be difficult for him to go on. On the other side i guess Kimi will have problems with the team, Ferrari is a big family, and it seems to be completely different from this point of view compared to Schumi.. I guess he'll be fast, but hm, Schumacher was the one able to build a competitive Ferrari, Kimi has been unable to do this to Mclaren..
Quote from J_Matrix :Schumacher was the one able to build a competitive Ferrari, Kimi has been unable to do this to Mclaren..

The McLaren was muchos rapidos last year, when it worked, maybe his motivation dropped pretty early on this time once he realised there was no hope and he was leaving anyway.
I think Kimi will definitely be a contender for the title, but Massa will be no walkover. Kov in the Renault might win a race or two, as long as they adjust to the Bridgestones quickly, but I can't see a Renault driver winning the title next year.
Ferrari have just been so much better in the final stages, reliability quirks aside, I hope it was mainly the tyres, because if not it might be a two-horse race and Alonso won't have a sniff.
#17 - JJ72
How would Ron let someone else "rebuild" his empire, he is just a totally different persona, when you drive for Ron, you are just a driver no matter how good you are, Ron will just be focused on making the best car on the grid and let the drivers do their best, internal rivary or not, just as prost and senna.

For Ferrari I think the future actually looks quite good, they certainly won't just sign someone base on the resume, they must have some knowledge in how the Kimi psychology works and think it can fit inside maranello. Just as what they did with Massa (which is one of the best signings of season 2006). The team has been built, the works has been done, the rest is down to how they handle the transitional period, they replaced Rory Byrne and is still competitive, if they remain the calmless and stick with their retirement plans, I think they will be alright.
MS won many races luckyly with opponent's having failures or accidents.Now he's losing with failures.And fans telling about how unlucky he was.This is racing.If you have the best car, you win.Else, loose. Nothing dramatic.

Hakkinen's retirement was a bigger loss for F1.
Going on buttons performance, honda's new homoligation (spelling) engine should prove good for the next 4 years
There goes another mature team player. The current young guns are just too self centered to help maintain a well functioning team. Remember how Micheal Schumacher worked tirelessly for so many years to get Ferrari back to winning form. Hope Kimi won't waste it all.

As fast as he is, he's not known to be terribly mature. Remember those occasions when he knew the engine was about to blow? He simply floored the throttle to maximise the bang! Exactly what the race engineers DON'T need. With such abusive behavior, it's no surprise Mclaren consistancy remains as bad as it is.

Like it or not, Micheal Schumacher will be missed by many. The unfortunate fact is that we might never see drivers with his special talents again. Let's hope that by some miracle the next Aryton Senna/Alain Prost/Micheal Schumacher shows up and sets another benchmark.
Quote from Jamexing :As fast as he is, he's not known to be terribly mature. Remember those occasions when he knew the engine was about to blow? He simply floored the throttle to maximise the bang! Exactly what the race engineers DON'T need. With such abusive behavior, it's no surprise Mclaren consistancy remains as bad as it is.

43 laps to go and your multi-million dollar cardboard engine is spitting bolts, smoke and oil around for the nth time this season and there's nothing you can do about it - you think you wouldn't be pissed off?
:bowdown:
#23 - dev
Weeeee! Finally he's gone :bounce8:
IN YOUR FACE MS.

It's about time... Congrats to Alonso for the title....
MS the best F1 will never be same again i think kimi will do well wit ferrari next year

(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG